Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Interesting site
 Login now/Join our community

posted
www.madexperiment.com/

Roll down to see bus and other strange things.

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
When we were in Grand Tetons early this moth saw backpackers ussing the alky stove posted on this site . They said it works well and each one had made one in one afternoon. Cost way less than Campmor or Cabels. JKB

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went out to the sierra's last year for 8 nights, and made my own alcohol stove... two soda cans and a smaller coffee can(for a wind breaker)...

Pour in some denatured alcohol, and light her up.... lasts about 16 minutes, which is long enough to boil water and make me some dinner....

we had a small gas stove we carried(err one of the other guys carried) for the longer cooking stuff, but my lil alcohol stove worked great for my food requirements and weighed in at around 2-3 ounces.

9 days and my pack weighed 53 lbs going in.. much lighter coming out...

------------------

Posts: 10 | Location: Indianapolis, IN,US | Member Since: 07-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Take a tin can, poke some holes in it around the bottom and top, throw in a small piece of C-4 and light it.......you can boil a cup of water in about 15 seconds.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
GI Sterno is getting harder and harder to find these days. Some folks are real touchy about it.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah Bill its been 34 years since i last had access to any... it worked great but i can't say that i miss it much.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
44 for me. If I recall correctly it was just C3 for us then.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill i was just at your house.....via Google Earth. Boy you are close to the airport aren't you. Looks like about two blocks north of you?