Tools
Reply To This Topic

Snow?
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I don't want to compare to any of you who choose to live in the Tundra, but it's COLD down here. At 5 pm with a clear sky it was 46 and dropping like a rock. We'll see 20's tonight for sure.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm here at Deerlick; supposed to hit 19° here tonight, not much colder than the 22° forecast for home. It's already 32°.

Casey's been in more than a foot of snow several times, but this was Nelson's first - a couple of inches still in shaded areas here. He pretty much took it in stride, more interested in the smells of critters.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Carl's Better Half
Picture of Betty
posted Hide Post
very cold Danny. Freeze warnings out for our area. Then it is suppose to get warmer the middle of the week from WEDNESDAY ON.

Betty

"THE TOY"
1992 Breakaway Coach #3745

Posts: 9 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida | Member Since: 10-11-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Right at 30* this morning here. I see Corey has 23 in Spring Hill. That's not going to do the farmers any good. Waiting for old Sol to get up and warm things a bit.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
My front yard looked like snow this morning. That was a hard, ground level freeze.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Looking the other way, it's a little clearer to see the frost.

79 Barth Classic

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Right at 30* this morning here. I see Corey has 23 in Spring Hill.

I kept me winter gear, thank goodness.

Here's a few shots of my house......in NH...... the last year we stayed there through the winter.

These are motivation when ever I think I'm missing something there.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Addendum - My bird baths and chicken waterers were frozen solid. I went to get the wheel barrow and the water in it (about 4" from the rain coming off the roof the other day) was frozen solid. I'm glad I drained the AirStream yesterday.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
I see by Corey's time & temp monitor that it is 26 degrees at 8:50 in Spring Hill, Florida. Damn, I thought folks went to Florida in the winter to stay warm. Ooops There goes the price of orange juice....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I've been scouting to the north with concerns that the glaciers may loom on the horizon Wink
But, tomorrow back into the 70s with ten days of highs above 70 Cool
What I find weird in Florida compared to New England is the sun's strength. It can be 50 out and you will be down to your tee shirt if working strenuously. Not that I dare work that hard here in the south, for fear of being expelled Sorry

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
My Sarasota relatives are gone now, but I remember them moving there because it was below the freeze zone.

Their plants woulda froze yesterday.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post