Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hallo from Germany
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hallo
we are from Germany and we buy a old Barth Motorhome from 1987. We need information of the Motorhome.We dont now the name we only have the Number 22FP2.The Motorhome is 7 Meter long ( I dont now it in Inch)and the Motor is 6.2 GM Diesel.
Thank you for help.
JO
My english is not good please exciuse me.

Posts: 10 | Location: Germany | Member Since: 12-11-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Barthmobile.com Do you have any pictures?

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission
33' Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis
Former Mobile Medical Lab, Community Outreach Vehicle

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
willkommen heißen, Jo. Your English is better than my German.

Your measured length works out to 22.96 inches. Barths are measured before the bumpers are installed, so yours would be called a 22 footer on this forum, and would be called a 23 footer everywhere else.

A meter is 39.37 inches, and a foot is 12 inches.

Here is a good conversion site:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/

A good source of information on the 6.2 engine is:

http://www.62-65-dieselpage.com/

If your engine is in the front, you probably have a P30 chassis, like so many of us. We can help you with most questions you have.

Your Barth may have an interesting history. Do you know anything of its past?

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited December 11, 2005).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hello Jo and welcome to the website. It is my understanding that Barth made a big effort to sell to Europe in the 80's with some success with the shorter models. If you don't know, Barth went out of business in 1998 but parts are readily availabe and all the knowledge you need is availabe from this website for sure.

My son is in Hohenfels right now in the US Air Force getting ready to go to Kosovo, and I spent almost 2 years in Murnau, near Oberammergau. I loved it and my son does also. Where are you located?

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davebowers:
Hello Jo and welcome to the website. It is my understanding that Barth made a big effort to sell to Europe in the 80's with some success with the shorter models. If you don't know, Barth went out of business in 1998 but parts are readily availabe and all the knowledge you need is availabe from this website for sure.

My son is in Hohenfels right now in the US Air Force getting ready to go to Kosovo, and I spent almost 2 years in Murnau, near Oberammergau. I loved it and my son does also. Where are you located?

test

Posts: 10 | Location: Germany | Member Since: 12-11-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hallo
thank you for answer.We get the Motorhome in Feburay 06.We have no pic and no information but I want to make some pics and send you the pics.
We live in Germany near cologne.

JO

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Jo just sent me these images from Germany. Now here is a nice Barth...

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Jo,

You've got yourself one nice looking Barth Custom Coach. I wish you the very best. You may not know it but you have purchased one of the best built Coaches out there.

I hope you enjoy your purchase for many years to come. Keep in mind however Barth did not build the motor only the Coach. These motors may lack power and you might have trouble getting someone to work on them over there.

Check back here often and buy a CD from Dave. There are alot of specs. and info to keep you busy. I would suggest that you browse the Cafe for t-shirts and coasters etc.

You will find many people here willing to help you out. Because these coaches are no longer being made by the manufacture info can only be had from sites like this. Most every part on your Barth is still being made or has been upgraded so there shouldn't be ANYTHING that would really keep you from enjoying it.

Keep asking questions and remember that were sleeping when your typing! We will get back to you. Also we want you to keep an eye out for other Barths and to let them know about this site. You won't find a better bunch of guy's then this site.

By the way... How much is gasoline? Diesel? Just looking to see the difference. Were paying 2.30 gallon gas & 2.72 gallon diesel in New York. I know it's in liters so tell in that measurment and someone on this site will convert it.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission
33' Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
What an absolute perfect way to buy a Barth! Surrounded by huge Some Other Brands that make it look small and insignificant. This is one of the most beautiful coaches I've seen, small but with all the class expected of a Barth. Welcome German friends. We may not speak German as well as you speak English, but we can understand what you write us. Please stay in touch.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hallo
thank you for the answer and now we are waiting for the Barth
We wish you a merry chrismas and a Happy new Year and we hope that we go in the next holiday with a Barth.
JO

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/07
posted Hide Post
Jo welcome to the ssite.. I think you'll enjoy it as this place is full of people who really know the Barth from top to bottom..I have learned a ton and I am a complete newcomer to this whole Motorhome thing...
Best of luck

------------------
John Reilly
Big Times Kennel
Centerville Ohio
If you see this... You found me

Posts: 87 | Location: Centerville, Ohio, USA | Member Since: 09-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post