Forums    General Discussions    Now, what to do?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Now, what to do?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
After spending over ten years working on Barths and a few other motor homes, we have a huge 40'x35' insulated garage with nothing but a Mercury and a tractor in it. At the age of 76, you might think I would like to sit in the sun and read a good book (which I occasionally do). But I've got to do something else to keep busy or else I'll go down hill faster than a runaway Barth coming down off the Rockies. Maybe I can read to kids at the library. I like kids, especially the age of my triplet grandchildren (8). My son-in-law is in a similar predicament. He has finished a 7 year restoration of a '69 Camaro. It is now a legitimate show car. And he has nothing to do either except fly Citation X's every other week, cut grass in the summer, and hang with his wife and the triplets. Maybe the two of us can do something together. I'm thinking of a Nomad. He can do the heavy lifting and I'll be the 'go-fer'.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of Lance Walton
posted Hide Post
Wow, 3000, how many currently own a Barth?

Lance & Sue Walton
Previous owner of a
1993 38ft Regency
Cummins 6CTA8.3 300HP
Allison MD3060 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Loveland, CO

Posts: 229 | Location: Loveland, CO | Member Since: 06-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Jim I know there's a few Barth motorhomes for sale you should buy one. That'll keep you busy!

I know I'll miss all your post on this site, you've been one of the regulars since I have joined. Enjoyed all your input but than again just because you no longer own a Barth doesn't mean you'll be leaving the site. I was hoping to meet you guys at the GTG, but you have other commitments and no Motorhome YET!

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Tom, I'll be on the site frequently, because I am really interested in what is happening to those that I've come to know over the years,through Barthmobile. Once in a while, I might offer some thoughts, but quite frankly, anything that I have learned, has come from someone a lot smarter that I am, folks like Bill Napolitano, Rusty, Gary Carter, Ed Rather, Bill Henneberg, Tom Johns, Nick Cagle. As for another motor home, not now. As I've said, the destination is now what's important to me, not the journey. I think to love the motor home life style, the journey has to be at least as important as the destination.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think to love the motor home life style, the journey has to be at least as important as the destination.

Words of wisdom my friend, yeah our lives change as do our priorities. What is fun and great today might not drive us tomorrow. I just recently sold my motorcycle never ever thought I'd do that.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hmm, and I was thinking of selling my plane... things sure do change. hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5193 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmm, and I was thinking of selling my plane

No not the plane Boss!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Hmm, and I was thinking of selling my plane... things sure do change. hmm

Yes, Steve, you need a bigger plane -- particularly living so close to water... http://tpaero.com/grumman-hu-16-albatross/

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Now, that's travelin' in style Thumbs Up
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B