Forums    General Discussions    A Recipe for a GTG or just a bunch of hungry people.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

A Recipe for a GTG or just a bunch of hungry people.
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Saw this one on TV and had to try it. Of course I didn't do it exactly like them, and you might not do it exactly like me, but here's my way.
Baked Beans
Chop up a vidalia onion and saute in a little olive oil for a couple minutes. Put in a large bowl. Brown a pound or so of ground meat.[I use turkey but beef or venison would be fine] Stir in most of a pack of Chili-O until well blended. Add to bowl. Then add to bowl;
1 can pork and beans-undrained
1 can kidney beans-drained and rinsed
1 can Great Northern beans-d+r
1 can hot chili beans- undrained
1 can butter beans-d+r
about 3/4 cup brown sugar
about 1/2 cup favorite BBQ sauce
a little cayenne or hot sauce for zip
the rest of the Chili-O
Stir till well blended and pour into large baking dish. Top with favorite cheese. [Cheddar is fine]
Bake uncovered at 350 for half an hour or so, till cheese is melted and dish is bubbly.
I like this because it takes a skillet, a big bowl, and a baking dish, and that's it. It warms up great, and tastes great even 3 days later.
However, eating second or thirds may cause you to become the not-most-popular camper at the event. Roll Eyes
Hope you enjoy it!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
This would be really tasty if the following were eliminated:

Pork and beans
kidney beans
Great Northern beans
hot chili beans
butter beans

Yes, actually, I do hate beans; why do you ask? Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Not including GREEN beans, of course. Rusty's are the best! Don't fret though Rusty, if Ed makes his bacon wrapped whallopinyos you won't need the legumes to remind you what you ate last night. Red Face

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Danny! I like green beans because they make me feel like I'm killing the young before they become limas or something like them...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post