Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

You Folks Have been Swell
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Dave and other Barth members, I have finally done it and bought something other than a Barth. I found a 93 24 foot, Safari Trek with the little Isuzu turbo diesel and a great transmission. I drove it back from San Luis Obispo, California a few weeks back - seen all the major sights again and it drove perfect. No white knuckles - but it needs propane injection to handle the 6% grades, but I did keep up with the semi's.
Maybe some day when my ship comes in I can buy one of the 30 - 40 thousand $ Breakaways. I'll check back off and on and I really want to thank you all for advice and insight.
I hope to get all my stuff in order and leave out of here by November 1st and go South and Southwest.
Thanks Guys, Nick and Glo

------------------

Posts: 34 | Location: Brandenburg, KY USA | Member Since: 02-15-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Well hey Nick, just because you bought an SOB doen't mean we think you are. We have all very much enjoyed your participation. You are truely welcome to hang around and give us imput when ever you want. And hey, when I am on the road and I see a Trek coming up. For a second, I always think it is a Barth. It's nice that they copied the lines of the Barth..

God Bless and as always, Pleasant Journeys friend...

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post