Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Another milestone
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
WELL, we just went past 160k miles on our Breakaway. Purchased February 2006 with 75K miles.

85K miles, averaged 10.3 MPG, ~8252 gallons of fuel used, average fuel cost over this period, $3.50/gal fuel cost ~$28,834.

Engine oil changes ~$2075

Trans oil changes ~$1200

Tires ~$1800

Repairs/upgrades/mods ~$15,746 ( probably low---)

Approximate operation cost, ~$49655

Approximately ~$753/month

Liars can figure but figures don't lie!

This IS REALITY!

we have enjoyed every moment in the Breakaway, has been a fabulous way to see our GREAT country and conduct my race timing business. Wish I could recover all the cost but, can not come even close to breaking even.

Next year promises to be even more busy and I am supposed to be re-tired! HaHa, not a chance.

I will probably re-power the Breakaway next year, don't know what yet but will be higher HP, the 5.9 is getting tired and I ask a lot out of it all the time!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Ed,
You and Jane are the poster kids for RVing. I'm really happy to have been responsible for a few of those miles when you guys visited us in NH. Still waiting for a Florida visit though cheers

When most people say they want to re=power I cringe, but no one I know can do it any better than you. Just don't get too exotic. I don't want to see any twin BMW diesel power-plant in that Barth nono

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post