Tools
Reply To This Topic

WOW
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted
Over the last 7 years there have been times when I really wondered if there was any continuing interest in this website. Especially in the winter when it will be a few days with out a post. But listen to these new numbers.

This site is now averaging 610 visitors a day. Sure some are repeat customers, wow 610 a day. This month there will be over 800,000 page hits on this website. That means that when you come on the site, every time you look at a different page that is a page hit. Now I know that RV.net or IRV2.com probably gets a million a day but this is a site dedicated to one kind of coach. I think that is pretty cool. We have had almost 8 million pages hits in the last year.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Raymag
posted Hide Post
Dave I'm not surprised at the success of your site. This site is the reason why I bought my Barth in the first place. Ever since I saw my Barth on a campground, I wanted to know more about Barth. I ended on this site and I learned a great deal about the quality of the product.
But the main asset of this site is the people. Countless times I came here for advice and I always got an answer.

I'm looking forward to meet some of the other North East Barth owners at the rally in August.

Keep up the good work Dave. You are one of a kind!

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
4 Speed Allison Model 542
Front Entrance
Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension

Posts: 126 | Location: Shefford, QC Canada | Member Since: 08-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric D.
posted Hide Post
What he said..+1

Posts: 44 | Location: Bay Area | Member Since: 02-21-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Heck, I don't even HAVE a Barth (and may or may not ever end up with one) and I still read posts in this forum just about every day or two. Having been a member of many automotive-based forums, this is one of the best in terms of friendly, helpful members and staff. Thanks Dave! Smiler

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Like Raymag, I found Barths before this website - there were a couple in RV Trader magazine a few years ago. I was intrigued by a 30' DP - there weren't many that short.

I found my Breakaway through a post here, so I'm certainly grateful for the forums!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Our story may be a bit different but I'll give the short version. Suzy and I were thinking about buying a coach as our friend in the Cruise America business retired and we found out what it really cost to rent a "Race Bus" a few times a year to go to NASCAR weekends at Talledaga, Daytona, and Homestead. Our Barth was advertized in the local paper on a Sunday Morning and the guy said you have to check this one out. We drove up to Sarasota, checked it out, wrote a check and drove it home. If you asked me the next morning what make coach I bought I couldn't have told you. It was cool, I got it cheap, and it would serve the purpose of a few time a year Race Bus.
Then I found this site.
And since then nothing's ever been the same when it comes to our Euro. We don't band aid the boo boos, we fix them. We appreciate what we have and keep it up like it deserves. We use it as often as possible, of course not nearly as much as we'd like, but it gets used a lot more than the neighbors Flatwood Hundred grander.
So, Thanks Dave, thanks bill and Bill and all of you, too numerous to name, that have made owning a Barth so much a part of our life, rather than having a yard ornament like 99% of the motorhome owners around here and probably everywhere.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
I pride myself on being a careful shopper, try to avoid impulse spending and research what I'm buying. If it wern't for this site I might not have my 26' now.
Dave, thanks for a valuable resource.
Richard

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
can't say it enough. THANKS Dave for your efforts and this site. we bought our barth about the same time Dave started the website. I think without the site we may have moved onto something newer (and thinking better.) Would have been a wrong move IMO.
I am sitting in the kitchen of Bertha in Lake Wales,Fl. as i write this.
Danny said it best. No bandaids, Fix it right.
Les Hougland says it all the time also. I have to admit i sometimes have put off fixing something only to have it bite me in the wallet And the butt.
corse wallet dictates some fixes as well.
what a great group of guys and gals.

mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/12
Picture of Carl Feren
posted Hide Post
Oh my, this is a valuable site. My husband laughs at me because I have to have a "Barthmobile fix" each day that we can get the internet going. We have learned so much about our Breakaway from you all. Just part of the Barth myth, I guess. We found our Barth on this site, love looking at it and driving it, appreciate all the help you've given, and thank Dave for continuing the site. Oh yup -- we will be backing up that praise with a donation. Thanks again.

Bye the bye -- our trip this year has been from Texas to Bar Harbor (so far) and we learned to change a thermostat along the way (also so far).

Betsy and Carl
1992 30' Breakaway

30'- 1992 Breakaway on Spartan Chassis
5.9L Cummins 190
Banks Powerpack
Allison 4 spd - 542B
9206-3805-30BS-6B
7KW Kohler Propane Genset

Posts: 159 | Location: All of North America | Member Since: 02-16-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I just have to add my 2 cents worth here. Depending on who you believe I may be one of the few that have made a few bucks because of this site (it is true believe it or not, you can "invest" in a Barth) and I owe it to Dave and many of you amazing Barthmobilers. I have always rewarded Dave whenever I have gained from this site and can only say anyone who has not contributed to his fine efforts here should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of his excellent work. Numbers speak for themselves! I am still in the hunt for this years Barth but even if I don't find it I will still send in my donation as we all should anytime we benefit from this site but no less than at least once a year if we ever expect Dave to keep this up. All I can say is "THANK YOU" Dave, and God Bless,

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post