Forums    General Discussions    Why don't these coaches sell?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Why don't these coaches sell?
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
I recently met some friends at an antique store parking lot at Kraemer Junction in CA. One arrived in his 04 40'Fleetwood while a second friend arrived in a 04 36' Ultrasport.
We had been waiting in our 92 30' Breakaway.
While browsing in the Antique store some old guy from a heavy equipment yard (next door) walked into the store and exclaimed, "WHO'S BARTH IS THAT OUTSIDE??? I WANT IT!!" I didn't talk to the guy but my guess is with his years of working on planes,tractors,diesel engines,tanks, etc. he recognized quality. Later while camping as my friend opened his awning (with a remote control) he mentioned his payments are for TWENTY YEARS!! You know I had to control myself as my mortgage is for an overall length of 18 years! I'm always looking around at other units to buy but after 2 years of Barth ownership I always come to the same conclusion: I own a solid dependable unit that does everything that I need it to do and will drive for another 2-300,000 miles.

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Hilarlee, (both of you)

This an absolutely wonderful story. I think almost all of us can share about the people who walk by the $100K cookie cutters to compliment us on our coach, but this is the best one I have heard and says a who lot.

Thanks again for sharing it with us.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
We got our Barth in 2000,my wife like another coach better than the Barth at that time,but it was my time to pick so we got the Barth.Today we had some folks ask to see our Barth,My wife said if you sell it we wouldn't be able to find another coach that "NICE" & "GOOD".I would not put a price on the Barth,& told them it was not for sale!We do have two RV and need to sell one someday!

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. 8.3 Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan K2 MM.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just my 2cents. When I got back from my shake down trip to Flordia I had a note on my garage door. It read Did You sell the Barth/ I would like to have firts chance on buying it. with the name and phone number. I aclled the man and told him it wasn't for sale. and we chatted for a little while. I came to find out he had a late model SOB 2003 and wanted to trade it for my Bath. What a suprise. No Way I love my Barth. Bill

Posts: 25 | Location: Belle Vernon Pa. | Member Since: 11-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Real close to a response I had on my boat when out for repower. Someone left a card on the swim platform with a note, "Keep this card. Some day you will want to sell your boat."
Tim

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
A bunch of years ago, a friend introduced me to Volvos. Since then, I've had so many, I've lost track. Bought them for all the kids, bought and sold them to make some extra money, still have two-an 82 and a 73. Then I stumbled across Barths. I've owned Safari's, Monaco Dynasty's, Callistas, A's and C's. I've never run across anything like a Barth. The quality of construction is unreal. Still haven't found one yet, but when I do, I won't even care(more or less) what the price is. And it will probably be the last motor home I'll buy.

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is such an interesting discussion, and I kept smiling broadly the further I read. We just bought a 1973 Barth, and are working on restoring it now. We also have a 1984 Volvo, 1 1946 steel fishing tug boat and a house that was built in 1850. We bought the Barth because it has "good bones" - the same for the car, the boat and the house. Sure, we spend an inordinante amount of time working on repairs/upgrades/restoration. But it's really satisfying work that pays mental dividends along the way. At least this works for us. I also respect anyone who thinks we're a little nuts...we probably are!

So far the Barth has been a real interesting project, and we can hardly wait to get her ready for a trip.

Posts: 20 | Location: Okauchee, Wisconsin 53069 | Member Since: 12-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Last week at the races I struck up a conversation with a fellow who had a new [or close to it] DP deluxe. When an old Newell pulled out I said what a great old coach it was. He asked which coach was mine and I pointed to the Euro. His eyes lit up and he had a bunch of questions but what I found interesting was he said" you know, those high quality old coaches are the the next big thing in restoration. They're going to be as collectible as old cars before too long." I never thought about the Euro that way, it's just what we happened to buy for racing and camping. It's as original as it was when we bought it, and I have no plans to sink a ton of money into it to restore it to like new. But it's nice to know that if I ever do, I'll have something special.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post