Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

On Again, Off Again, Spring Rally
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
Sorry to report that the Barthmobile.com Spring Rally is off again at the moment. These rallies, if done correctly are just a ton of work. Anyone, who takes on the task, especially a Barthmobile.com Rally has quite a feat ahead of them, this is why Deb and I felt we couldn't do the spring rally this year.

But hey, there is Fall and we'll be around next spring.

Now if someone wants to be rally master for a small regional Barthmobile.com Rally we will help all we can. We may not be able to come to a rally in Florida or Arizona, (even though we would love to) but we can help with all of the mailings, note it on the website, and even send some great door prizes. We even have boiler plates for registration sheets etc.

And then of course we want pictures to post on the website.

Furthering the Barthmobile.com website and this great community of folks for the sake of the Barth Coach Owner is what we are all about.

As many of you know when you bought your coach you may or may not have known about this site and the support if offers. So if you have a regional rally, we want you to be successful. So let us know what you need.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
It does seem a shame with all of the coaches that come to Florida in the winter that a rally could not be arranged here in Florida. I would be willing to work on one if someone wants to host it.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
Florida sounds great to me! It's my home away from Texas.

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
Y'all want to come down to Mexico next winter.
We know of a few good spots!

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I would really like to encourage folks to have a Regional Barthmobile.com Rally. I am putting together a little pamphlet to help folks put together one of these rallies.

The regionals should be very easy to do and since the are primarily for the weekend most people in the area can get away to come.

Barthmoboile.com will make sure you have some Barth products for drawing and of course we can announce it here on the website. We will also send you this cool Barthmobile.com banner to use to show your colors.

Let me know if you would like a copy of the pamphlet. It's free and will be available some time next week.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
For this first "rally", why does it need to be so formal? Dave, you originally wanted to be real laid back. So, why not get �real laid back� and make this very "informal". Here�s my idea. Use the power of barthmobile website (perhaps a special subject category) for communicating with the Barth Community select a camp ground and a weekend to meet. No mailings. Everything would be email & website only. Everyone makes there own reservations. Then, we just show and get to know each other. No formal dinners together, no organized plays to go to, no organized tours, etc (unless it was something done through a posting on the website). We might need one person to do some minimal organizing with the campground. If we want to have a pot luck dinner, well then we just decide to do it. Or, it becomes organized through a sponsor person on the website. Remember, this is Barthmobile.com, not bartmobile.sneaker net. So, let�s use the tools and technology to our benefit.

Now, since Dave has already scoped out a place and date, we could keep that as a starting point.

How�s that sound?????

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How�s that sound????? Mike sounds great to me . KISS Bres

Posts: 37 | Location: St. Paul. Mn. USA | Member Since: 04-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Great idea, that is why below I put the "get together" topic. If some one wants to announce a get together somewhere that's what that's for.

I am all for it.

But it would have to be a different place and date. We have already advertized that time and place too much as a Barthmobile.com Sponsored Rally. A Barthmobile.com Sponsered Rally has to meet certain standards and appeal. And, I do hope most will understand. This is a 100% non-commercial website, but I have a great deal of pride in the fact that many people have heard of it and expect certain things. So if a big rally is advertized on the website, then I must require that it be a Barthmobile.com Sponsored Rally.

With, of course, the exception of weekend group get togethers, which is why I provided the topic below.

I know that some folks don't agree with me, and I am sorry about that. But, try advertizing a Barthmobile.com Rally in a Barth Rangers Newsletter.
------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited February 29, 2004).]

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Dave,
I wonder if I could have some idea of how many Barth owners there are in Florida, and how I could get thier names and e-mail or postal addresses?

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Dave
That sounds good to me, I wold also like your estimate on what lead time would be required from advertizing a get together and the actual date of the get together.

posted Hide Post
Hi all Our family has just been transplanted from airstream to Barth as of Sunday. We have acquired a 75 Barth. The reason I am writing is the fact that we only live approx. 30-35 miles from the intended campground for the Rally in Bremen Indiana. We were so excited at the beginning to know that a rally would be held. So I agree with the man that said make a plan, fly by the seat of our pants and I would like to help in some way.
I don't know any of you and vice versa but that is what it's all about right:-)
Well I hope to hear that the rally is back on.

Posts: 2 | Location: Akron, Indiana USA | Member Since: 08-24-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post