Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

GAS PRICES
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
What does $2.00 per gallon equate to in 1960 dollars, allowing for inflation??? How much more are taxes per gallon today vs 1960??
Place blame where it is due -your elected representatives.

------------------
"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
I think Gunner is on the right Track here! A venal and self-important Washington establishment combine with a globalized corporate mentality have brought an end to America's rising living standards.

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. 8.3 Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan K2 MM.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
In 1972, we had our first gas crunch and gas shot up to .40 cents a gallon. With inflation, everything doubles each 10 years, so by that standard, we'd be paying over 3.00 an gallon now. It's still cheap comparted to the rest of the world. But I agree on the 2-class econony. The haves and the have nots. In 1960, I made $500 a month, and a new Pontiac cost me 1/3 of a years salary. My first house was $20000, about what my wife and I made together in 1968. Now, I'm "retired" paying over $400/mo for medical insurance and live in a ordinary house that cost 4 times what my wife and I make. And to pay for it, I'm working full time. Go figure.

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post