Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Motor home crash
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Corey, my compliments on the clear and concise way you presented the information.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMF:
Hi Rusty,

How was NEAF. Did you bring home somegoodies?
Jim

Actually, I bought only a book. I did, however, win the Grand Prize at the imaging conference, an astro-camera with a $1,300 street price...

There were many. many things to make one wish he had won a lottery, and not just some piddly $5,000,000 one...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:
lots of people don't know anything beyond pushing the pedal.

I'm one of those people when it comes to air brakes Corey, so I appreciate the narrative. Wink Is converting an RV brake system from hydraulic to air a realistic process? It's always worried me slightly that my quite-large Class A motorhome has brakes no different than a vehicle a quarter of its size and weight.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scottydl:
Is converting an RV brake system from hydraulic to air a realistic process?

Not for this guy. Even with a free donor vehicle of the right type.

I love my Barth, but not the potato-chip truck chassis it is sitting on. Smiler

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post