Forums    General Discussions    What are these switches for??
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

What are these switches for??
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi, as I have only owned my Barth for about 6 week, most of the time has been spent cleaning and updating the interior. I have two separate questions. I have 4 light switches on the wall at the door. I know the far right and far left switches are for the steps and the hall lights, but I cannot figure out what the two center switches are for.

second question. I want to post several pictures of my progress, but I cannot figure out how to post more than 1 picture per post.

any info would be greatly appreciated....also I really upset with John Deere for not putting an access panel at the driver's feet so a guy can easily remove the Master Cylinder. I only took me about 5 hours... I have no idea how im going to add fluid when the time comes, it sits too high up to see the fluid level when attacking it from the wheel well, which is the only way to get to it...Thanks John Deere.

Posts: 21 | Location: San Luis Obispo, Ca | Member Since: 11-21-2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the switches in question

Posts: 21 | Location: San Luis Obispo, Ca | Member Since: 11-21-2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The other switches may be for the outside "patio" lights? They were on my 86 Regal.

I would be very tempted to cut a hole in the floor to service the master cylinder. I did so on my 86 Regal when I had to access the top of the fuel tanks to replace fuel pumps and hoses.

As for photos, you are correct. The current site software allows for only one photo attachment per post. Go ahead and use a post for each photo. Just use a sentence to describe the photo and attach it to the post. If they are not sized or rotated properly I will gladly fix them. We all enjoy member's photos!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5171 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Out of the 4 switches by my door.

One is step light
One is lighted translucent exterior handle. (Light May be burnt out! If so replace with LED) It is in the bracket at the top if I remember correctly! I even have it working in my 72.
One is hall or aisle.
One is electric step.

That is what they were also in my 94 Aristocrat/Breakaway. Both had electric step.

Hope this helps.

John Deere chassis you are on your own with no help from me.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good info thanks guys

posted Hide Post
I got the bulb replaced in the handle. got the replacement at O'rilley's auto parts...the lit handle looks soooo good. Still trying to figure out one of the switches..so far this is what I have from left to right.
1. Hall lights
2. Grab handle light.
3.???
4 Steps and there is a orange light in the step.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
So you have an electric step? And the one switch is for that? The light goes on when the step extends?

Mine has a separate switch for each.

Otherwise I’m with Steve as possibly the patio light(exterior light)?

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
My coach has a switch near the entry to turn on/off the 12 volt power throughout the coach via the 12V master solenoid. The solenoid is located in the "electrical stuff area" at the foot of the rear bed.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post