Forums    General Discussions    I just picked up my Barth!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I just picked up my Barth!
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Well I picked her up about a month ago, But I just joined the Site so its all still rather new to me !

1977 21' Barth, 2300 Org miles !

Short Vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRUNDPvqiWo

Its in rather good shape but lots of work to do to get her ready for burning man in 2 months !

Nemos

Posts: 28 | Location: Kamloops BC | Member Since: 06-21-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
WELCOME, Nemos. glad you found the site!
2300 miles ????
quite a find. Be sure to post at least photo of data tag, but hopefully several more.
Pardon my ignorance... What is BURNING MAN?

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, 2300 Miles. I didn't belive it at first either. The story was the Org owner's wife had passed away and it was stored indoors for 15 years of it's life.

After going through a few things I now belive the story. No body corssion . Rubber foot pedal covers have NO wear. Handles wonderfuly! I Like it !.

Burning Man is a week long Arts Festival in the Black Rock Desert. Over 50,000 people last year.

www.burningman.com

PS. Whats the intrest in the Data Tag for ?

Posts: 28 | Location: Kamloops BC | Member Since: 06-21-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the explanation of Burning Man.
To explain member's interest in your data tag:

We are trying to keep track of all known Barths. The data tag contains key information about the chassis, floor plan, mfr date, etc.

There are some folks here who can be a wealth of information for you. I can't honestly claim to be one of them. You would have been devoid of so much potential assistance if you had not found the site.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Nemos , welcome to the site . I too just bought my barth a few months ago . this site is the BEST place to go on the internet for owners of barths, future owners & just interest in barths . these guys are GREAT & a WEALTH of information .
They also sell a Barth CD that has lots of information on it . worth the money invested & it helps keep the site up & running .

Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
Hey from Nanaimo. Burning Man...right on, that looks like a party. Big Grin
Rich

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/10
Picture of Reado
posted Hide Post
Welcome Nemos...Hello from Agassiz. Another BC guy here. I have a 19' Barth I'm restoring. I was born in Kamloops (many years ago). At that time Columbia Street was the highest street. Would love to attend Burning Man... maybe next year.
Read Smith

Posts: 60 | Location: Agassiz, BC Canada | Member Since: 07-19-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of petermac
posted Hide Post
I have been to Burning Man next time it will be in the Barth

Posts: 31 | Location: Vancouver B.C. | Member Since: 09-02-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of petermac
posted Hide Post
Hi There
Mine is almost identical 77 22ft currently in White Rock love Burning Man
Hope you had a blast, maybe next year.

Posts: 31 | Location: Vancouver B.C. | Member Since: 09-02-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post