Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

For Vets
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted
I guess that it used to be that if you needed medical benefits outside of your home area you had to re-register at each new area. Now you can register and be covered almost anywhere, about time! The website is www.va.gov/healtheligibility Bill H., vietnam... where, when, and what? Me, Ft. Lewis WA basic and ait, Cu Chi, 25th infantry and Chu Lai, Americal (changed to the 21st infantry because of My Lai) Sept 70 to Nov 71. 13 months and 13 days of an all expenses paid camping trip with c rations from 1963 and 1956-7. Do you think they were cleaning out a bunch of warehouses???

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Thanks shadow. I have had VA health benefits for about 2 years now and love it. A thousand times better than I expected.

All my respect goes to you Nam guys. I was a computer operator so they sent me to Korea but I spent most of my time playing bass guitar in the 2nd Infantry rock band.

Bill H is in Quartzite this week for the Barth rally there so He will not respond to you for at least a week.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have signed up twice, once in WA, and once in HI. but have never needed to use the medical. Since we are traveling it is nice to know i will only have to do it one more time. Also have heard for years that the service was not very good but that now things have improved greatly. Bill is in Quartzsite already? I thought that started next weekend? the 22nd thru the 28th? We are going to Havasu in a few minutes so i guess we will swing by and see if anybody is there yet. Where does the time go...this has snuck up on me....we are planning on going up for a few days so i guess we better get packing soon.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
To be more exact, Bill left yesterday from El Segundo, CA. He could be going there via Las Vegas for all I know so your dates may be correct.

Bush I started plowing huge bucks in the VA Health System and Clinton kept it up. Now Bush II has increased that high spending by 44%. You will hear that VA is not taking anymore applications. That is correct for Level 8 applicants who have high imcomes or other insurance. That is not because of a lack of money as reported, but because Congress passed a law that they can have only so many patients per doctor and there is a nationwide shortage of Docs and Nurses. If you have any kids who might have a bent toward being a nurse, the VA will pay for schooling and pay a salary while attending school. Hitch is you have to work for the VA 3 or 4 years, (can't remember exactly). So get those kids into nursing...

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back, no Barths at the campsite yet but there was one on the way in just past the 1 mile marker. Did see 4 buses tho and talked to 2 of them. Kids are all in their 30's with kids of their own so kinda late to change professions.

posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention that one of the guys i talked to said they had frost yesterday morning. BRRRRRR. Haven't had any here so i hope by the time we get there the frost line has moved farther north.