Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sunday morning post
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
Good morning Barthmobilers! Very quiet on the boards this weekend. Everybody out at the campsite enjoying nature?
What a treat it is to live here in the honeymoon capital! Woke this morning to a couple of inches of the white stuff. After 2 weeks of steady sunshine and warm temps old mother nature has kicked us in the a$$ big time. Better yet, the boys and girls at NOAA are calling for another couple of inches tonite with cool wet weather for all of this week. Glad I didn't dewinterize the rig yet!
It'll be a good week to finish the living room renovation. Been at it for 3 weeks now and it's starting to get stale. Wish I was done. The old panelling is gone, the drywall is up and painted and the oak wainscot and trim is almost done. We carpeted the hardwood flooring 30 years ago when the kids came along and I pulled all that out as well. Tomorrow the floor guy is coming in to sand and refinish. (I don't do drywall or hardwood in my old age. BTDT!) I want this honeydoo over by this time next week!
Any Barth owners who decide to take a run to Niagara to see the Falls this season are invited to give us a call and stop by for a visit. There's water but only a 15 amp plug in if you can stay a while. We are in the phone book.
We're planning a run to the Black Hills via the North of Superior route in early July but only some short trips other than that, so come on up if you can.
Don Leaming

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Good morning Don,

Hey can you hear the falls from where you live. I bet the really effects your weather.

Going to the Black Hills, make sure you check out Hart Ranch. I haven't been there but have been tolds it's one of the nicest campgrounds around. But it is a C to C place so it is hard to get reservation.

We did the circle tour of Lake Superior a couple years ago and other than losing a wheel bearing in Marathon, (you don't want that to happen, trust me) we had some of the most magical camping experiences anywhere, even when we had snow flurries and 40 deg on the 30th of June. The first picture is at Nyes campground just west of Marathon.

This is Sleeping Giant CG about 6 hours west of Nyes

My wife is standing waist deep in Lake Superior when she took this picture

This is a picture we took from the door of our coach at Sleeging Giant.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited April 24, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited April 25, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave
Great pics of your trip and the Barth and thanks for the tip on Hart Ranch. Will see if we can get in for a look.
We can't hear the Falls from here because we live about 7 mi. upstream. From where I sit looking out the window I'm looking across the river at Grand Island NY. Couldn't be much closer and not be in the USA!
We did the Lake Superior Circle Route last summer in the sob. What a great trip! Our favorites were Copper Harbour Mich. Duluth Harbour, Lake Superior Prov. Park, Rainbow Falls Prov. Park. This July we have a wedding to attend in Thunder Bay so thought it fun to go out to Manitoba, Sask. and down to the Black Hills. Loved it there last time many years ago. Maybe come back thru Chicago and spend a couple of days there too. I've heard it's a great town.
If we were to come back thru Milwaukee do you know if there are tours of the Harley Davidson plant? I'd love to see that place.
Take care.
Don

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post