Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Ceramic Floor
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Raymag
posted
Last month I was asked to post some pictures of my Breakaway ceramic floor. I was busy travelling and working, so here they are now.
One of the thing that impressed us when we first saw our Barth was the ceramic everywhere ( the second was the pleated shades everywhere, even the windshield, door, and driver's window).

The fact that all the grout lines are intacts and none of the tiles are broken or cracked is a proof that the Breakaway chassis is very sturdy.

As you come in the coach, you face the ceramic stairway.

The driver's area also has ceramic except for the portion under the pedals.

The bathroom has ceramic on the floor and on the toilet pedestal.

Here's a view from the front of the coach showing the overall layout of the ceramic floor. You can see that it reach all the way to the bedroom and stops at the bed. There is carpet between the sides of the bed and the walls.

Same view, but this time from the back toward the front.

At intervals, in the hallway, there are groups of four smaller tiles with a relief design. Here 's a close-up of such a group.

We usually lay lengths of rugs that you can buy by the foot and that are 24" wide on top of the ceramic. These are cheap and, when dirty, you just throw them in the washing machine.

Almost everytime we camp people ask to visit Barth. The number one thing they notice the most is the floor.
Everybody has carpet and, after a few years, the wear and tear start to show. They envy the fact , that after 17 years, our floor is as nice as the day it came out of the factory.

I'm really glad that the Barth Company went into that level of quality and workmanship.

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
4 Speed Allison Model 542
Front Entrance
Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension

Posts: 126 | Location: Shefford, QC Canada | Member Since: 08-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raymag:
Is that entire wall a mirror? How big is it? Can I see another view of the wall with the mirror?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raymag
posted Hide Post
Yes Bill the hallway mirror is full lenght. You will also notice that there is one in the Bathroom door. You may not see it, but there is also one on the wall between the pantry door and the bedroom.

There also a wall of mirror in the bathroom, facing the door, between the shower and the toilet.

Some people may not like mirrors, (specially with chidren Smiler) but we like them. They give the illusion of having a much larger coach than what you really have.

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
Front Entrance

Posts: 126 | Location: Shefford, QC Canada | Member Since: 08-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes Bill the hallway mirror is full lenght.
Wow, that is one big mirror! Is that a light switch cut into the mirror too?

I guess if you had any body flex that mirror would break. Eeker

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raymag
posted Hide Post
The two switches are cutout in the mirror. They are the switches for the hallway lights.

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
Front Entrance

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
The two switches are cutout in the mirror. They are the switches for the hallway lights.
Very nice - thank you for indulging me with the extra picture and description. Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message