Forums    General Discussions    Slide-outs?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Slide-outs?
 Login now/Join our community

posted

Posts: 159 | Location: Newington, CT USA | Member Since: 06-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting, but 1999 seams along time ago when one considers how engineers have shown their ability to solve problems. I personally am very happy with a coach without, and doubt I will ever consider a unit with slides. Those that have them seem to enjoy, and I say good for them. To each their own, FOR SURE.

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's for sure, slides are really nice, they do add lots of living space. Note that the Newall owners reported no problems... I guess you get what you pay for! There are a few places that retrofit slides, and I had considered one for my Regency... I have no doudt the construction of a Barth would handle the conversion... about 10k, I think, but that seemed a bit too dear for my budget! BUT, a Regency with a slide would be the cat's pajamas, eh?

Posts: 159 | Location: Newington, CT USA | Member Since: 06-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Recently traveled with two families that each had a 5th wheeler with 2 or 3 slide outs. These really opened up the floor space. However, it really took some maneuvering to fit them on the sites.

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post