Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Microwave/convection oven
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of Ol' Betsy
posted Hide Post
To Don in Niagara: try repairclinic.com They have lots of parts for older units.

To Gary Carter: Thank you. I'll print this out and we'll get to it. Will let you know if it works.

Betsy & Carl Feren
Ms Idgie and April
1992 30' Barth Breakaway

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 12-21-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/12
Picture of Carl Feren
posted Hide Post
My wife, "Ol' Betsy" does all the research for buying and fixing our "stuff". After buying our Barth I have done the fixing and REALLY appreciate the advice from other Barth owners.

The advice from Gary Carter on how to remove our microwave was EXTREMELY helpful. It saved us at least $100 is service fees, which is always nice, plus several days of waiting for a tech. The only difficulty I had was pulling down the little levers in the back. At one time they had little machine screws securing them to the microwave frame but someone had since removed them (along with the overhead filters and a few other screws that I discovered during disassembly). The lever on the left came down with no problem but the one the right would not budge until I got out my little mini-prybar and popped it out.

ASIDE: This little mini-prybar (actually micro-prybar) should be part of everyone's tool kit. It is 1/2" wide and 5 1/2" wide. I think that I bought it at Home Depot or Lowes. Stanley makes a mini-prybar too but it is half-again as big as this my little blue one and not as useful since it can't fit into a lot of places.

Back to the microwave. On my unit there was also a little screw in a tab on the top of the control panel which had to be removed before sliding up the control panel.

Thanks to everyone who has offered advice. Carl Feren

30'- 1992 Breakaway on Spartan Chassis
5.9L Cummins 190
Banks Powerpack
Allison 4 spd - 542B
9206-3805-30BS-6B
7KW Kohler Propane Genset

Posts: 159 | Location: All of North America | Member Since: 02-16-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of Ol' Betsy
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for much good information. It was the fuse behind the control panel as suggested by Gary. All fixed and all functions are working.

Betsy & Carl Feren
Ms Idgie and April
1992 30' Barth Breakaway

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 12-21-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post