Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Buying our first Motorhome
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted
My Sweetie and I are about to close the deal on a 1994 38' Sovreign with 300 Cummins. I have been the service tech for this coach since new and my customer is making it easy to purchase. But I don't know anything about Barth Models(wide body, etc) Any help you guys can give would be great! We are selling our 97 36' Triple Slide/Chevu CC Dually Duramax Combo to buy it.

Billy T

------------------
Billy Thibodeaux
4713 Hwy 90
New Iberia, LA 70560
337-365-0729

Posts: 375 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should consider, that technology wise you are trading backwards(not by much), and giving up the tow behind, truck to use,(solved by a toad). A metal sided coach always appealed more to me.
When looking at a older Barth coach, you should be prepared, and be able to work on it yourself. Although, ANY coach you buy, new or old, you should be ready and able to work on it yourself.

Being a sevice tech you should know ALL of the things to look for, as possible money pit systems. (I wish I had)
quote:
Originally posted by billyt53:
My Sweetie and I are about to close the deal on a 1994 38' Sovreign with 300 Cummins. I have been the service tech for this coach since new and my customer is making it easy to purchase. But I don't know anything about Barth Models(wide body, etc) Any help you guys can give would be great! We are selling our 97 36' Triple Slide/Chevu CC Dually Duramax Combo to buy it.

Billy T

Posts: 31 | Location: crestline,ohio | Member Since: 02-27-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
We took it on a shakedown cruise to Natchez, MS this weekend. Roof AC's leak into coach, no biggie there. I did notice the tranny never locls the TCC. I will call the ALlison Svc Ctr tmrw to see what they think. Otherwise, unit is solid, drives great and no suprises. The S/N is 3908, it is a 1994 36'. I know the Chevy/Dmax/Allison and Travel Supreme are fine units and we have enjoyed them. We just want something to tow our Jeep :-) ! We actually want to try the Motorhome ilo towable for a while. We don't need slide outs and I absolutley love to tinker! I have already transfered our MotoSat DataStorm system to it and set up the computer. I still don't know where the Sovergn line fits in. NADA does not list it either, just a regency.

Posts: 375 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post