Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

confused about windshield wipers
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted
After looking at numerous images of all different series and years, I can't figure out the logic or purpose for one style wiper or the other. Some coaches have wipers that go in an arc and come to rest low and horizontal. Some have wipers that appear to be articulated and swing back and forth, coming to rest high and vertical. Was the latter an option? Is one style better than the other? It seems annoying to have the second style come to rest in the line of sight.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
The resting position is not so much a matter of taste, but rather a matter of where the motor and linkages are.

There is no one definite advantage over one position or another.

On my p-30, I can stop them just about wherever I want to, up or down.

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
As happens to often, I must not have made myself clear. With one design, such as the coach for sale currently in WA (photographed by Dennis), the wipers CANNOT be parked at the bottom of the windshield. They CANNOT be in a horizontal position. Because each wiper of the articulated design has two arms, the wiper blade is always vertical and always in the line of sight. It seems like the more high end coaches have that style. The older and less expensive coaches are more likely to have the conventional wipers that do a radius and can be parked on the bottom edge, out of the line of sight.

quote:
Originally posted by Windsor Dalrymple:
The resting position is not so much a matter of taste, but rather a matter of where the motor and linkages are.

There is no one definite advantage over one position or another.

On my p-30, I can stop them just about wherever I want to, up or down.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dave,

If your concerned about the wipers being in your field of vision, I don't think it matters much how they are mounted.

My Regency has the vertical articulating wipers that park near the center line of the coach. The front window is so large that they are very much out of the direct forward view. I have not been troubled by their location.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post