Forums    General Discussions    Ten Year Rule?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Ten Year Rule?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi,

I've not had experience with this but I was wondering if anyone has run into any campground which limit their clientel to one who have coaches 10 years or less old. I was reading on another forum that some campgrounds are applying such a rule along with one that prohibits truck campers.

Any thoughts,

Bill

Posts: 55 | Location: Hagerstown, MD, USA | Member Since: 07-24-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
The only similar limitation I have seen, (in my experience) is no chemical toilets, which would exclude some PU campers I think.

I am aware that there are campgrounds which have such a limitation. I suspect these are probably in the south west. Like Bill H says, if you are confronted with one of these rules just have your Barth washed and drive right in. A 1985 Barth doesn't look much different than a 1999 Newell. Well maybe a little different.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
We stayed in Mesa Az. at Mesa Spirit Rv Park in
May, (hot...got up to 108 before we left) and they have a ten year rule. Told them i was a "little older" and dusty from having been in the desert for 3 months and they said to bring it by and let their boss take a look at it. He had no problem with it when he saw it even though it was a bus conversion and did not realize that it was 36 years old till i filled out the registration form! By the way, Very Nice Place!!! 1800 rv spaces, not so much as a cigarette butt anywhere on the 90 acres. Also the best restroom / showers outside of a five star hotel....marble walls from floor to ceiling thruout!! Now we rate places based on how their showers compare to Mesa Spirit's. So far nobody has even come close....might have to go back there just for the showers!!!!!

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HankWadley
posted Hide Post
I think "The Great Outdoors" (10/10/10) in Titusville, FL also has a ten year rule, but we have stayed there several times and they were really happy to show us their condo sites for sale, even though "The Geezermobile" is now 12 years old. I think most of these places are really just looking to have a reason to refuse a real junky looking unit that would truely degrade the appearance of their facility. (They would NEVER turn away a Barth!)

Posts: 58 | Location: Pell City, Alabama, USA | Member Since: 04-12-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
This is all one reason to be glad our Barth has never been plugged in.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post