Tools
Reply To This Topic

think of it as a 2015 BREAKAWAY
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted
http://tiffinmotorhomes.com/allegro-breeze

2015 Allegro Breeze — Conveniently travel-sized. Delightfully wallet-friendly.

Experience the smallest, lightest, easiest handling, most comfortable, Class A rear engine diesel coach on the road today. RV Magazine calls the Allegro Breeze “the sports car of Class A motorhomes” with maneuverability that is “nothing short of amazing.”

A lot of used ones near 100K, which is Class B territory.
http://www.rvtrader.com/New-an...ewsort=1&vrsn=hybrid

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I always wonder what would have happened if Barth had been content to stay in their niche in the RV market. Rather than build 36 ft plus coaches and try to compete with Prevost, Newell, Blue Bird etc they should have stayed the only top end midsize coach builder.

Trying to bump the giants from their niche would have required an exceptional level of luxury, in a time when Barth was cutting corners on things like insulation to save money.

Considering the trend of smaller/lighter that was finally being accepted by the buying public and the domestic car companies last of all, maybe they could have held their ground with mid size coaches.

Increasing fuel prices were also pushing the market to look at midsize coaches.

If Barth had seen the trends to smaller, lighter coaches they may have put their efforts into putting high quality slide outs in their mid size coaches. If they had done this in the 90's instead of trying to get into the bottom end of the 40 ft luxury market maybe they could have made it.

We'll never know. The current 30-32 ft coaches do show some nice improvements in layout and gas drivetrains. hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
I clicked on the link and tried to download the brochure
but it was not good news cause it downloaded over 20 times and counting....

I turned off my computer....

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
sorry, Doug. I never clicked on the BROCHURE option

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I looked at the brochure with no problem… it is a pdf but it downloaded fine. Nice coaches BTW. Not sure what happened to Doug. hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I've seen the 28' in person - very nice coach, with a couple of puzzling features - no forward facing seat for the TV, and a table really too small to seat more than 2.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Steve VW I'm in total agreement with your thinking about Bob Barth continuing to make Breakaways. I found myself in trouble in restoring my 1992 30' coach. My age(I'm leaning on 88)and my lack of experience would not let me do the improvements required so I resorted to outside labor which was breaking the bank.I restored my 1988 Regal SE(tag axle)to 90% and the diesel bug bit me. After selling "THE TOY"I was lost but two years ago I lucked out and got a 2010 Coachman Maranda 32' with two slides 10,000K, Ford V10 engine and we are out at least once a month to our local RV parks. It is a pleasure to maintain it and and not worry about the next "Project". I still feel guilty when I look at the Barth site but the pleasure of the specious Coachman makes us feel tons better.
Steve we have a phone call or two and I hope Betty and I can meet you & Barbara personally on your trip home to that God forsaken Tundra called Michigan..................Betty & Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I've seen the 28' in person - very nice coach, with a couple of puzzling features - no forward facing seat for the TV, and a table really too small to seat more than 2.

Good points, Rusty. *** However, the sofa bed sort of faces the TV above the dinette ***
have noticed the same with several high-priced B or B plus units.