Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Announcing my SoB
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Well folks, guess I'll be banished into the netherlands for this, but....we purchased an SoB last week. Shopped far and wide for another Barth but just didn't find one that grabbed our fancy. Our 1998 Monaco Dynasty is a pretty good substitute and shows a lot of quality (but not that desirable al-u-minimum construction). The AquaHot system is really nice. I sure wish it would get cold enough to use it (poke poke, Dave).

Anyway, if allowed, I'll hang out here and seek free advise for the standard systems that are common on all coaches. Gotta keep The DoG in line too since he is driving my Baby now.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Well at least it wasn't a Winnebagel or a Flatwood. If you are going to go SOB Monaco isn't a bad way to go.

Hey Ron, I don't have your email address, could you email me at dave@barthmobile.com

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ron:
Well folks, guess I'll be banished into the netherlands for this, but....we purchased an SoB last week. Shopped far and wide for another Barth but just didn't find one that grabbed our fancy. Our 1998 Monaco Dynasty is a pretty good substitute and shows a lot of quality (but not that desirable al-u-minimum construction). The AquaHot system is really nice. I sure wish it would get cold enough to use it (poke poke, Dave).

Anyway, if allowed, I'll hang out here and seek free advise for the standard systems that are common on all coaches. Gotta keep The DoG in line too since he is driving my Baby now.

HOW MUCH DID IT COST? Heh, Heh :-}

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Excellent point Dogil, If Ron got a really good deal he spent $120K. If I had an extra $120K I would keep my Regal, pay off my daughters college and buy a really nice 2 BR. 2 bath in Sun City West. And then I would retire and spend 5 years staying in the driveways of all you Barth people. I can see it now. Lobster with Eric H, Salmon with Dennis B and Olroy, Jambalaya with Carl Flack, Catfish with Dogill, Mexican food with Jeff Harman and the Costa Mesa crowd and just for the fun of it I'll kick over to Harriman, TN and suck the heads off some crayfish (or is that crawfish) with Jay and Shelby Teasley. Boy is that the life or what??

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited November 18, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back under your slimy rock DoG! Sniffin them gasoline fumes got yo head messed. I had to buy a larger rig to keep from paying capitol gains on the huge profit from the Barth sale.

Uhhh, "lobster"? That's one of them really big crawdads ain't it?

"Crawfish" Dave. Talk to DoG, he can do a pot of nubbin' corn, new tatters and mudbugs that will have you selling the Rolex to get another platter full. He may even lend you his funnel to warsh it down with.....if you like Miller Lite that is. :-)

[This message has been edited by ron (edited November 18, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by ron (edited November 18, 2004).]

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ron, let me ask it another way as I know the first guestion regarding cost was rather rude, crude and utterly as tasteless as this writer. :-)

Considering the SoB gets twice the milage of "Barthalamew" (which I doubt), how many miles will you have to put on the SoB diesel before the MPG savings offset the extra expediture for diesel mill and 75 square feet of floor plan which, by the way, seem to be a master bedder sleeping 4 and a shower for two? In addition, don't forget to factor in the 10 ft. addition to the coach shed, the insurance upgrade and interest while setting idle from lack of use. With the 40k/4yr warranty left on the coach, it must be refreshing that it will take only $7000 in fuel to reach that milestone.
You've already admitted that I can take you in the 1/8 mile drag and that you don't plan to exceed the hwy cruising speed of "Barthalamew", even though you could by maybe 10MPH.
One final harrassing question for fun; will the toad be the Jeep, the Beemer, or sidecar scooter? Haaaaaaaaa
Actually, all kidding aside, congrats! And, don't forget that you promised me first refusal when you trade up to the Custom Provost with orential massuse'/chaffuer and wine cellar. :-)

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey DoG, better back off. I know what you did last summer.....or was that the summer of '76?
Never in my lifetime could I "save" enough on fuel costs to offset the initial cost. It ain't even close. Oh, and that is a 48-month, unlimited milage warranty, dude. Let me explain it this way: "If ya have to ask, you wouldn't understand". :-)

Hope to see y'all during the Christmas period. Planning on a few days in B'haven, then....who knows? Don't even know if Ft. Pickens will be habitable after the last hurricane.

[This message has been edited by ron (edited November 19, 2004).]

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
Come on down Dave,After Dec 7,we will have a freezer full of good BEEFLOW meat.We can eat high off the beef and drink a little corn.Now that the LIFE!

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Regency 34ft. 300 hp.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Down at Homestead for the race this past weekend, I was totally awestruck by one of the most beautiful coaches I have ever seen ANYWHERE! Further examination revealed it to be a Monaco Dynasty. My congrats.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words. We fell in love with the looks and the "stuff". See new thread for latest trip (from hell) report.
:-(