Forums    General Discussions    Well...I'm just a want-a-be again..
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Well...I'm just a want-a-be again..
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of five-oh
posted
I'll still check in from time to time, and I appreciate all of the help, I've received.
Saturday, I traded Buford the Barth to a friend. Our family didn't have time to use it and since I bought it from Duane, it had been used a total of four times- once to Branson; Once to Mountain View, Arkansas; and to two car shows locally. Probably a total of 500 miles.
Time was one issue- since purchase, in addition to my full time job, I have also became senior pastor at our church and it has taken way more time than I ever dreamed. This was totally unexpected, after my mentor passed suddenly in January of a heart attack.
And the other was the fact that my wife, after these few excursions, did not like the corner bed arrangement. We loved everything else about the coach. Long story short, I'd considered putting it up for sale, with a mind towards buying a Breakaway or the like with a full bedroom at the rear in the future.
A friend of mine, however, had one of my passions, a classic car. A Model A to be exact. And he didn't really want a Model A. One look at Buford and he was sold, and a trade was done.
So Buford went to a new, good home locally- I can still visit him and probably borrow him should I want to. And Clara the A is now home with me.
20230715-112044
Something I can take a few minutes and enjoy here and there unlike Buford, who was a production when we rolled out.
I will have another one day, when time is more on our side, I hope. Keep these old beauties rolling!
(I did tell the new owner of barthmobile, but he is not much of an internet person so he probably won't check in. Maybe his son will though)

Posts: 58 | Location: Hattieville, Arkansas | Member Since: 11-01-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Good looking car Five-O. Glad you found Buford a good home. Do stick around!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2073 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Great looking automobile Thumbs Up . Looking forward to seeing it .

Maybe in the future you can join the Breakaway family Tooling Along .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 626 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Five-Oh if you do check in you will not be surprised to know the A/C (Dometic) in 71 does the same as Buford! Runs for an hour or so gets hot and quits untill it cools down! The unit was installed in 94 so similar age to the one in Buford, kinda makes me wonder, that's about the time I worked for Dometic.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2073 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of five-oh
posted Hide Post
That's wild.
So, should I blame you for my discomfort last summer? ROTFLMAO
And Harold, the Breakaway family is where we will try to be adopted next time we buy a coach. Assuming, of course, that life ever slows down enough for us.

Posts: 58 | Location: Hattieville, Arkansas | Member Since: 11-01-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Five-Oh,,, The shut off in 71 is due to the fuse, relay added by Barth, only a 25 AMP needs at least 30, think I will put in a 40 and hope the wires don't burn up!!! Maybe not my fault!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine