Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

First trip in a while
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
Do to many excuses - some valid - some not - my 1988 32' regal spent the last almost two years parked - My son wanted to go out for a weekend so we decided to see if we could get it going. After replacing the coach battery, checking the oil level, the old baby started up with out a problem. I check the tire pressure of all eight of the and they were all around 80lbs +/- 4 lbs. Drove it home and noticed ALL the dash guages worked! In the past, they never all worked at the same time. WE dewinterized it and the toilet still had antifreeze in the bowl. No spider web in the hot water tank oriface and the jacks worked with any assistance.

Put a couple of hundred dollares of gas in it and off the boy went. Everything worked better than ever. I think the old girl missed us and was glad to be driven again..

It even got 6.6mpg on the first tank out.

What an amazing unit

Russell and Donna
1988 GM 454 powered 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Good deal! I bet it felt great to have that rig back on the road. Wink You might have already done this, but be sure to check all the other fluids, belts, and hoses for any leakage or wear.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post