Tools
Reply To This Topic

Name Game- Bill Beard
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
While perusing my extensive owners manual I've often come across references and notes from a Bill Beard, some hand written and some copied from another source. Just wondering if one of you Bills might be this one. Also, the schematics and diagrams and hand written notes regarding isolators and electronic stuff that's way beyond me could be a gold mine to those of you rebuilding or maintaining an 80's era Barth gasser. Should I scan page by page and create a file for Dave to distribute or have you ask for specific info? I really believe I have some life saving stuff in this huge notebook.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Dan--sounds like a great idea. The only wiring diagrams I have are the ones that originally came with the Barth. They're pretty elementary and Bill Beard's might be really a good tool to have.
Jim

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan,
Sounds like you have a great resource. My Barth came with the original Barth binder, but I do not have any of the detailed info that you reference.

My Barth had a new 454 installed, just before I bought it, and the wiring was replaced in a very hap hazzard manner. Also many of the original Barth explanitory stickers, referring to fuses and such has come unglued and were placed in a drawer. They are great to have, but I have not figured what all they refer to.

I would appreciate it if you could make the info you have available in some manner.

Tannks,

Barry

Posts: 43 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Member Since: 11-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Barry, Jim, and all other interwested parties. I'm currently embarking on a new computer journey to figure out how to scan and file all of these pages. I know it will be arduous, with many potential pitfalls along the way, but I am confident that in the end, I will prevail. This could easily become a 30 to 50 page monster, so be forwarned, I did not write any of it, and I in no way endorse it's accuracy, but somebody went to a ton of time and trouble to put this together so I have to share it with you guys.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan,
Sounds like you have a great resource. My Barth came with the original Barth binder, but I do not have any of the detailed info that you reference.

My Barth had a new 454 installed, just before I bought it, and the wiring was replaced in a very hap hazzard manner. Also many of the original Barth explanitory stickers, referring to fuses and such has come unglued and were placed in a drawer. They are great to have, but I have not figured what all they refer to.

I would appreciate it if you could make the info you have available in some manner.

Tannks,

Barry

Posts: 43 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Member Since: 11-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Dan
Thanks in advance for what you're doing. I have the ac/dc wiring diagram for the coach-85 28' Regal- but nothing on the chasis. My son-in-law and I just spent the weekend trying to figure out why my alternator is not charging and it would really be great to have the wiring diagram for the chasis. I look forward to whatever you are able to put together.
Jim

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Sorry to have fallen off the face of the earth, but Wilma took away our power for a couple days. Fortunately, the Barth's Onan took over and kept the fridge and little TV up and the interior goodies such as stove and water heater gave us much more comfort than many folks down here. We're back up and running and hope all our friends to the south made out well. It will be a day or two before I have everything back in order and then I'll get down to some serious scanning and filing. I believe I have the GM data, but I'll have to see the Big Book again to be sure. Whatever I have, I will share.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28