Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    The Rusty Keeney Memorial GTG at Elkhart County Fairgrounds June 17-21, 2019
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

The Rusty Keeney Memorial GTG at Elkhart County Fairgrounds June 17-21, 2019
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Last Update on the roster was here in the Community news

Attendee list as of today 5/22/2019

Here is the latest official attendee list for the rally, as of today:

1. Richard and Nancy
2. Dana and Lynn
3. Steve and Liz
4. Mary Ray (Hotel)
5. Duane
6. Wally and Connie
7. Marvin+Doris
8. Ed
9. Tom and Nancy
10. Jim and Joan
11. Nick and Donna
12. Daryl and Kathy
13. Mark
14. Jack and Joannie
15. William

16. Site of honor for Rusty

See Y'all there!

I missed this one! Hope we have not alienated them. Chuck and Julie are you out there and coming? Hope so!!
Originally posted by Sneelock:
If there's still room we would like to come. I realize we're not members of the regular group but we've been traveling all over the western US for the past few years and would like meet others and their Barths. With good luck and fair winds would try to arrive on the 17th.
Our names are Chuck and Julie Morrow, currently in Oceanside, soon to be in Pacific City, Oregon.

I believe the only addition I have seen is Gary Carter as a possible. There may be others hanging out in the weeds that may just show up unannounced. All are welcome we are looking for new friends.

Here are some tidbits I pulled from other posts. I didn't throw in quote notations on most

Quote: A suggestion: Let's all chip in and pay for a site where Rusty would have been, right in the middle of where we're going to be at Rusty's Memorial GTG. We'll leave it empty for the "missing man" and his pooches. We can make it our (Keeney space) center of operations and do our toasts there, perhaps a nice campfire once or twice, an auction, etc..Unquote:
Full hook is $35.31 per night. Payment when you arrive.

If you'd like a shirt you can go to my website and preorder at https://barthrustymemorial2019.itemorder.com/sale
Thank You StinkyDaddy

wrote my contact at Goshen today and asked for permission to drone video, just in case we need it. Fortunately, we have a licensed pilot and licensed drone for the mission. Thanks again, Ed.
We have permission to fly our drone.

Originally posted by Steve VW:
Tom called me the other day. We are lining up another pig roast!
I believe we are doing this on Wednesday. Bring potluck to fortify the meal

Tuesday bring a bottle of wine to share and hors d'oeurves. Usually enough to gnash on to make it supper(no guarantees)
I will miss Rusty's deep fried pickles. My mouth is salivating just typing this.

Richard mentioned an eat out night for those who want to(Which night?)

Make sure to bring your favorite beverage in ample quantities.

Most meals you are on your own and folks just grab between gab.

Thermacells and bug dope are normally required if out after dark.

Trips to the salvage yards are always looked forward to. Have you a list? If you are going check if you have room for me! I have a list....

Remember to bring one or 2 items to sell on the GTG auction that we work in. Usually after the potluck All proceeds go to keeping Barthmobile running. I know there will be a polisher on the block.(right Wally). Value is in the eye of the beholder.

Hope this helps with your plans(or lack of)

Oil & filter and coolant filters changed. Should be ready to run. Leaving Sunday after work. See some of you Monday. We will be departing Friday morning sometime.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1385 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Leave the rain back home Dana! It looks like it is following you. We had 40's at night all week. Rained Mon, Wed, Thurs and highs only in 50's. Predicting thunderstorms this afternoon. I have a few more things to get ready but the weather is not helping. head bang

At this time, it looks Jim and Joan Roller will not be attending. They have schedule conflicts and more recently their coach suffered significant hail damage.

Planning to leave on Monday, arrive in the afternoon. It will be nice to see everyone again.

Take care, safe travels. Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
Are they any nice campworthy campgrounds between middle TN and Elkhart IN? Looking for a nice overnite or 2 spot on the way. Or places to see and visit.
Not too keen on KY state parks, there seems to be not one with a level spot LOL

If you're a veteran, consider Camp Atterbury, South of Indy
https://www.armymwr.com/progra...ing-rv-parks/indiana

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Brings up a point if folks have a canopy might be beneficial. Richard said something about a pavilion

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1385 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
OMG the fairgrounds are jam packed with Heartland 5th wheels, just cruised thru and fled the scene. Hundreds of them. The weather is rainy and chilly. At least for us Southern folks. Anyone up here / down here yet? Or are we the only motorhouse here?
A lot of clip-e-di-clopping going on tonite. We are safely tucked away with some Amish buggies.
cheers

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I am here, but at Sturgis MI just up the road from the Fair Grounds. We can't get our spaces until late tomorrow afternoon.
Huge WalMart, very Quiet, Where are you hiding out?

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are hiding out at home. We are only 1 1/2 hr from fairgrounds. See y'all in the A.M. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Posts: 16 | Location: Roaoke, IN | Member Since: 06-29-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
I am here, but at Sturgis MI just up the road from the Fair Grounds. We can't get our spaces until late tomorrow afternoon.
Huge WalMart, very Quiet, Where are you hiding out?

A Dometic Factory is just down the road in La Grange In. I think they still make awnings and the Dometic A/C. They hate RV folks that just drop in at the service area, go ahead and bug them!!! ROTFLMAO

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2062 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
3 hours of sun on Fri AM. Got a few more things done before it clouded up and rained most of the afternon, all day Saturday. Cleared up last night so we could get down to 46 degrees! head bang
Sunny this morning but cloudy by noon...

Throttle cable is finally responding to lube. Much better! Thumbs Up

I have a cheap new Garmin GPS, I used it to check my new VDO speedometer. I thought I remembered the approximate pulses/mile so I entered that. Turns out I was only 1 mph low at 60, so I adjusted the count slightly. Right on now.

I recentered the Safe T Plus steering clamp. I am not sure who installed this originally, but I am not happy with the alignment of the ends. It works now, but the mounting position does not seem optimum. (More on this in a separate thread.)

Filled up with fuel. Looks like I am almost ready for a departure tomorrow around noon!

We will load up Duane's frig later today when my neighbor stops by.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

PS: It is now 3PM. Raining again... Covered up Duane's frig until neighbor arrives to help load it.

PPS: 6pm, rain is over (for now) Frig is loaded.

Hopefully the monsoons will clear this week... Cool

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
“ Hopefully the monsoons will clear this week...”
Expect rain every day :-(

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
So I got on the road about 3PM, was going to spend the night in Michigan City, both dogs and even spouse was onboard! Got 7 miles down the road blew the alternator belt, I always carry a spare or two, let the engine cool a bit, new belt and back on the road. So got 50 miles down road the alternator quit working, I assumed the belt was slipping. Tighten up the belt, still not working. Turned around and headed back home.

About a year and half ago, I bought a 90 AMP alternator replacing the 60 AMP, I thought the 60 AMP was bad when I replaced it but I bet the belt was just slipping. I think this alternator is good too, I believe the V-belt just does not have the grip to drive a high AMP alternator slipping polishes the pulley lets it slip easily.

So I just bought a new 60 amp alternator and two new spare belts, will install it in the morning and give the road another try!!

Going to keep the 90 AMP and have it tested.

Spouse said I only get one chance, so she will not be joining me on the retry, but that may change.

Bring the fridge Steve I will be there one way or another!!! Engine and carb did fine so I hope that is a win anyway!!

Oh why do we love these machines???? Tooling Along

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2062 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I have a 1985 3500 dodge 15 passenger van that is my towing vehicle. It threw the serpentine belt a couple of months ago and I finally sent it to the shop a week ago. Bad water pump, tension pulley and idler pulley. She is purring like a kitten again.

If I knew that David was going to be able to make the trip we would have brought the trailer and stayed at the campground. Things didn't work out so we will be in a motel.

But we will be there.

Smiler
Tooling Along

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Duane, that's not fair! The turd fairy struck early. confusion

Warning: imminent thread drift...

The early V8s with v-belts were notorious for belt problems. Highly loaded, small pulleys, with multiple devices, ate the belts. If you look at the GM books they started the 80's with 3 and even 4 v-belt setups. By the mid 80's they used v-belts and serpentine, then by 90's just the serpentine.

My 86 had 2 v-belts and and one flat (serpentine type). That belt ran the alternator and it was needed. Like you I started with the 60 amp and upgraded to a 100 amp. Even with the flat belt that alternator would sometimes squeal the belt a bit.

You might want to stick with the 60 amp. Be sure pulleys are well aligned. I have sen some really crooked setups, especially with aftermarket AC conversions. hmm

Be careful and give it another shot. Good luck! Thumbs Up Tooling Along

My test drive today indicated things are back to normal. Should be on my way late tomorrow morning, arrive mid afternoon. Can't wait to see everyone and take it easy a few days. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Mary, the horse barn is right across filled with fresh straw and hay ( as a kid THAT would have been my "bestest" ever place to sleep). We were told via loudspeaker yesterday to tend our horses at 6:45am, lights out at 22:00 and to use the porta potties - oh wait that was for the little horse crazy girls in training camp.
Have a safe trip (we leave a light on for you)
Doris

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Doris, I have slept in the back seat of many a vehicle but never a horse barn.

will see you sometime Tuesday.

Smiler

Tooling Along

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post