Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    The Rusty Keeney Memorial GTG at Elkhart County Fairgrounds June 17-21, 2019
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

The Rusty Keeney Memorial GTG at Elkhart County Fairgrounds June 17-21, 2019
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
We might make it after all. Granddaughter graduation party (in KY) is the 15th so we may be heading north on the 17th or 18th. If so going to try and make Elkart. We will just show up.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Are they any nice campworthy campgrounds between middle TN and Elkhart IN? Looking for a nice overnite or 2 spot on the way. Or places to see and visit.
Not too keen on KY state parks, there seems to be not one with a level spot LOL

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Having just had our little GTG in Minnesnowta I have a few observations.

We gather together to have fun

Fun is subjective

We find helping to be fun

Bring and wear something you are not afraid to get grass stains on. You will likely be flat on your back scooted under yours or some other coach.

The only stupid questions are those not asked.

This is the largest accumulated knowledge base for Barth and any knowledge period.

None of us know the winning Powerball or MegaMillions numbers for the next drawing!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing all of you on June 17th. We're set to arrive a day early if travel plans go as scheduled.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Carter:
We might make it after all. Granddaughter graduation party (in KY) is the 15th so we may be heading north on the 17th or 18th. If so going to try and make Elkart. We will just show up.

Great news! We'll have a cold drink waiting for you.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Having just had our little GTG in Minnesnowta I have a few observations.

quote:
posted 06-08-2019 06:34 AMHide PostHaving just had our little GTG in Minnesnowta I have a few observations.

So one of the good things about being in Goshen is the rivers run north, so the water from Danas' back yard will not flood us!!!!! Violence

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2057 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
A week and a day away, a bunch of aluminum hits the road soon, headed for Indiana, We got gas and diesel powered, we got long and short, we even have a Glassnose and a VW Bus!! We got folks from California to Massachusetts, We got SOB's from Bluebird, to Foretravel. Whoopie!!!!

Richard how about an updated list of attendees' and activities, perhaps a list of anything else needed at the GTG!!

Safe and happy travels to all!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2057 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
To All,

Really looking forward to these GTGs in the future. I am still working full time and cannot ever get time off during the month of June. I plan on retiring sometime in the near future, but for now it just has to wait.

I'd like to meet you all and hopefully will someday. I never met Rusty in person, but did have the pleasure of corresponding with him in the chatroom and posts. He was a gracious, generous, and knowledgeable man. I had a chance meeting with Bill (NY) one evening on I84 in NYS driving my (new) Regal home from Massachusetts, but I think a Barthmobile GTG is a more reliable way of meeting additional members of the Barth extended family. I do look forward to this. Smiler

Safe and happy travels everyone.

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kirk & Elise:
To All,

Really looking forward to these GTGs in the future. I am still working full time and cannot ever get time off during the month of June. I plan on retiring sometime in the near future, but for now it just has to wait.

I'd like to meet you all and hopefully will someday.

I think I hear you saying you may be developing a fever and may need isolation from your coworkers? I believe that we have a isolation booth at Elkhart available the 17 thru the 21st???

We can make it to retirement, we can make it to retirement, we can make it to retirement. I just work the weekends to get away during the week to make this one. I wish I could make all the GTG's.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...061/m/608108511/p/27
Oh the good old times when we were young

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
After looking at those pictures from the last Goshen, I am impressed by a good looking bunch of folks, and some fine looking Barths. My bet is those folks still look good and so do the Barths.

That pot of, I assume Chili must have been popular, its full in one picture and less than half in another. Big pot!!!

I do not have a fire pit, hope someone does, a campfire or three would be great! I will however charge the blender and bring fixings for Margaritas'...Ola!!!! I also have a bottle of Patron Silver, for those sipping and shot folks, otherwise its just my best friend Jose!!!

See ya'll next Monday...

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Chili would be close but no cigar. BillyT and Helen are good Cajuns and could be offended. I am pretty sure it is red beans and rice. That looks to be the 1st Milford. I guarantee no left overs. The above comments should have been heard with my Cajun accent.

We are on the countdown now. I just had one am excited for the next. Lynn also excited. Midnight is pawing the ground at the paddock gate. Almost ready to run........

I promise I will not run with the generator extended to gain extra length. 20 miles okay 8 hours is not.

I don’t drink any more.

Well I don’t drink any less either........

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
I believe the T's served Gumbo. Whatever it was it was gooood. The weather was chilly, 2 fires needed and a couple shots.

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
I promise I will not run with the generator extended to gain extra length. 20 miles okay 8 hours is not.

It is really amazing that you did not damage the sliding device, a tribute to mounting and the slide its self.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
quote:

It is really amazing that you did not damage the sliding device, a tribute to mounting and the slide its self.

That slide is on a screw and unbelievably solid. My generator is light compared to the diesel that some have. When I say light that is a subjective term. 300 lbs. More than my body wanted to manhandle but had to when installing in DBarth. Worked smarter not harder with dollies and jacks. Still asked the neighbor to see if I was moving around after a certain time to make sure I hadn't gotten squashed when lifting it up.

The slide out is limited by the wires and hoses. It is only sliding out a little of its travel. I need to take the whole front assembly off and reinforce. Bobs is much better more solid. Duane we can look at at Milford. Wally doesn't have a slide. 4 bolts and it drops down. Steves generator is in a side compartment. I can't remember what he said is in the front space?

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth