Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    4th Annual Florida GTG- Hillsborough State Park Dec 3-5
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

4th Annual Florida GTG- Hillsborough State Park Dec 3-5
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Hey the little Barth got internet too (via cellphone). We met the Barth owner Roy Roma and told him about our GTG. He said he still needed work done on the Barth (it was on jacks). Had real good 15 bean soup and cornbread tonite (thank you Donna) and a good campfire. Lenny and Judy, Jim and Barb got here today. Nice during the day, crisp at night. Beautiful Park! Great company!

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
William and Sherrie just checked in. Good night y'all.

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Quicky update:

Everyone is here that didn't cancel. Dick Dubbs also showed up yesterday for a quick visit and has promised to return tomorrow for the big shin dig.

I had to leave for a while today to welcome my new granddaughter, Sophia, into this world. It was a perfect day here, sunny and free AC in the outdoors at about 67 high. A benefit to the cooler weather is the Cagel campfire is meeting place central. Works for me being just next door.

My short absence today gave opportunity to the pranksters to rename my coach as a Barth wannabee. Since I'm completely outnumbered I have just endured the tormenting!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The big shindig has come and gone. Fantastic food, drink and fun. The prize catch at the gift exchange was a beautiful Barth emblem on a Natural cedar backing that Dick Dubbs brought (and created). It made the rounds before Sherrie Mitchell (Stinkydaddy's wife) scored it for good.

Today was simply awesome on the weather front. Low 70s in December is my kind of winter.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Natural cedar

I get it ....Corey
Thank you everyone for your hospitality.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vince900ss
posted Hide Post
Just made it home. Michelle has to be at work early tomorrow. I lost track of time this afternoon, and once I saw how late it was getting, we had to pack up and head out right away after returning from a super hike with Corey (saw the suspension bridge and rapids and other sights along the beautiful river). Sorry that we missed saying goodbye to everyone, but that would have been another hour! Enjoyed meeting you all very much, and thanks so much for the hospitality! A great GTG!! Thanks again to all.

Vince & Michelle
1993 Front entry Breakaway 30.5
Cummings 5.9 190 HP with Banks upgrade to 210 HP, Allison 4 speed
Spartan Chassis

Posts: 78 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Member Since: 06-04-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Someone check their chairs. Two blue ones were left at Nicks coach. Had some great leftovers tonite and Doug and Danny cooked very tasty sausage and fish. Good shufly pie too! Thank you Dick (had no room for dessert last night). After a brief morning shower turned out to be a nice day. A real nice surprise visit by Jan (sorry not sure about the spelling) and his Barth on a 318 Dodge.

posted Hide Post
Made it home this afternoon after getting lost trying to make a new cross country trek north and west. Ended up having to back a mile down a dirt road when it petered out into a cow pasture. Almost got stuck in sand trying to turn around, so just decided to make the back up camera my windshield for a while. Interesting, but it all worked out in the end. The Moonbeam Express will need a good wash now.

Had a great hike with Vince after Danny's famous SOS breakfast. All in all it was a perfect weekend and many fond memories will live on. Hope someone took some pics as I was way too busy having fun to remember.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We just got home, had a super time at the GTG and a smooth return trip. Thanks to Dick Dubbs for putting his Barth emblem in the gift exchange. I'll get some photos uploaded asap.

Yesterday the temp in HRSP was in the 70's, it was quite a shock when we stopped about an hour from home and nearly slipped on the ice in the parking lot.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
We also got home to freezing temps. Sorry we had to leave so early. We did get to say goodby to Doug. The rest of you were still in the sack. The blue chairs are ours if someone would be so kind to pick them up for us. We had a great time, Thanks Tom and Nancy

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vince900ss
posted Hide Post
Just checked out your website Bill. Beautiful work!! Very impressive. Also noted your comment about almost slipping on the ice! We got down to freezing again last night even here in North Florida at our home. But no ice/snow, thankfully.
Corey...nice try on the shortcut. But better you than me backing that rig up for that distance, on a dirt road no less! Always the risk taker...LOL.
Paved roads (in your windshield) aren't a bad idea with 25 tons to deal with! But hey...it all worked out, thankfully!
Thanks again to all. Great GTG.

Vince & Michelle
1993 Front entry Breakaway 30.5
Cummings 5.9 190 HP with Banks upgrade to 210 HP, Allison 4 speed
Spartan Chassis

Posts: 78 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Member Since: 06-04-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Home safe and somewhat sound. At least the busted ribs waited till last night to really kick me in the but. That little log jumped right out in front of me friday night, I swear! It definately could have been warmer, but overall it was a nice weekend. Hope everybody had as much fun as us, and we're looking forward to the next GTG. Pix to follow when I get them uploaded. Stinky got the group shot in the dining hall so we're looking forward to seeing that.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Johns:
We also got home to freezing temps. Sorry we had to leave so early. We did get to say goodby to Doug. The rest of you were still in the sack. The blue chairs are ours if someone would be so kind to pick them up for us. We had a great time, Thanks Tom and Nancy

Tom, we.ve got your chairs so I guess that means you'll just have come down later this winter for a Oscar Scher GTG. Smiler

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tom, we.ve got your chairs so I guess that means you'll just have come down later this winter for a Oscar Scher GTG. Smiler

Save those chairs for next year's gift exchange! Tom will have forgotten all about them by then. He'll probably win them and be all excited because they coincidentally match his other chairs ROTFLMAO

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Saturday morning Bloody Mary session

Saturday night before dinner

Let's EAT!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post