Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Nation's Capital Barthmobile G-T-G 10/9-10/12
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Copied this post from Tech Talk for those of you who don't venture beyond here.

On the way home from the Washington GTG, just after putting 40.2 gallons in the rear(holds 40) and 20 gallons in the front, the thing sort of died going up the first hill. It didn't quit, just wouldn't go. We made it to the next exit and replaced all filters including the one in the Q-Jet to no avail. A road service guy took the top of the carb and found some trash in it, put it back together and it ran but not well. We made it home but had to keep the revs high to make it up even slight hills. Question is, do I have the Q-Jet rebuilt, buy a new Q-Jet, or buy something else. My son-in-law says that the intake manifold will only take a Q-Jet and we would have to get a new intake manifold if we want to get a different type of carb. Would appreciate comments from those who "been there, done that".
Jim

The fella who worked on our MH was great. He was with us for 6 hrs including travel time & a trip to the store. He bought 3 filters for us & took the carb apart with me holding the flashlight which took at least an hour or more. He was a diesel guy but knew enough to take the top off carb which is in my opinion very complicated without having a workbench. I learned that I don't won't ever be doing thatSmiler Only chgd us $200.
I guess we were the third of "everything happens in threes". My pics are minor compared to Nicks & Marys but I took them anyway.

OK it's not as dramatic as Mary & Nick

Jim calling for help.

three of the fuel filters/the mechanic only found two new ones & used the best of the three on the return line. We are all puzzled about a filter on the return line. & he replaced the one up in the carb.

Mr Wyatt assessing our delimma

If you are in the Staunton, VA area he was great

Our welcoming committee Luke, Julie & Jeremy Four legged in the back-Red, Beau & Joe

Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I hope it wasn't the weight of the extra couch that caused you all that misery. If it was I am sincerely sorry.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
The DC GTG is and will be the highlight of our long journey!! Heartfelt thanks to Lee, Bill, Bruce, Nick and others for making this GTG possible. It was worth the 4800 miles (would have been 2800 miles straight shot) we traveled to get there. I only wish that we could have stayed longer, but as it is, we are making just about all of our commitments along the way.

We left early Sat morning and got to Ashville NC for a stop at the Biltmore Mansion, We got tickets for the following day's (Sunday) tours including the afternoon tea. Weather was marginal in the morning but just as we started the roof top tours, the Sun came out and graced us with spectacular beauty in every direction. Well worth the stop!!

We are now just outside of New Orleans, RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, and more Rain, would have gone further but just not fun in the down pours we went thru, many vehicles off the road, everywhere. I will get to Golied TX tomorrow evening and on Wed starting setting up the race timing equipment for the four day event.

Thanks again to all involved, it was GREAT!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It was great to have finally met you, and thanks for the help on my coach.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Kathleen and I got home yesterday with no problems and smooth sailing thru traffic. Then we spent the rest of the day unloading, unpacking, rearranging and getting things kind of caught up around here. Just as we were getting done, our beloved Phillies were taking to the field. All I can say is that I hoped they were not playing to 2:30 in the morning again. (Yes, I did stay up at the campground to watch the night before) But they won and we are now taking the road thru L.A. to repeat as World Champions!!!
I will write more later but just to get this off my mind... I decided that since it was daylight coming home, don't push the tunnel/hazmat thing. So, I went around Baltimore on I895. Kathleen said I was supposed to take I695 over the Francis Scott Key bridge. As it was, I ended up at the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel. There was no signs that I couldn't go thru this tunnel with "hazmat" materials on board that I could see. I probably could have stayed on 95 and just blasted thru like I did coming down. But, I didn't and now I have a new mystery question of life: Why can I go theu that tunnel with "hazmat" materials but not the Fort McKinley tunnel on I95?
Anyway, I'll be back on here with more but now I need to go make a living. It was GREAT meeting all of you that made your way to Washington D.C. for this GTG. And Lee & Kathy...GREAT JOB Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tommy B. Willis
posted Hide Post
I sure would like to see some pictures from the G-T-G.

A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes a duty."

8408-3125-28FP3
1985 28' Regal
454 Chevrolet
P32 Chassis

Posts: 56 | Location: Central Mississippi  | Member Since: 05-26-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy/MS:
I sure would like to see some pictures from the G-T-G.
First off, let me start by apologizing to whoever I mislabeled. Please, if I get it wrong I am truly sorry. Just shoot me a PM and I can change it around. No need to embarrass me anymore in the public spotlight. I can take looking like a fool whenever I am being corrected on just about any subject, I just can't stand being told I screwed up on a name. Ooops

Here are the players.

Missing: Ed & Jane Raether, Chuck & Kathy Montgomery, Corey & Cheri Noble

Sky Sam: Anne, Courtney & Ray

Jim & Tere Bianchi

Rusty

Mat, Angela & Rhean Redmond

Lenny & Judy Montgomery (Dogs: Guapo & Liza)

Wendy and Lonnie Hamer (Parrot: Mikey)

Chuck & Cathy - Ryan & Chase Montgomery

William & Sherrie Mitchell

Fay w/ Deb & Scott Windt (Dogs: Mojo & Mia)

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
if I get it wrong I am truly sorry. Just shoot me

Com-on, Bill it couldn't be that embarassing.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
That was fun .We are leaving in the morning.We are on our way to Willamsburg in the morning if it is cold and rainy no .It was nice to meet everybody.Hope to see some of you in December in Florida.We hope to meet some new friends also and I would like get home without any trouble
Thanks to Rusty and Nick for letting us join them in North Carolina.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of Curtis H.
posted Hide Post
Looking at these pictures I'm starting to think that I really missed out!

(Pertaining to 3rd picture Bill NY posted Wink Cool)

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches but to reveal to him his own." Benjamin Disraeli

Posts: 99 | Location: Rochester, MI | Member Since: 10-08-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
StaRV II is bedded down at the Peach State Star Gaze near Sharon, GA (about 35 miles west of Nick and Donna Cagle's). Stargazing weather did not arrive.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Some more random photos.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
great pictures, great coaches, keep 'em commin
Is that unpainted coach only allowed on the highway on cloudy days? Wow what a polish job!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
The silver bullet is shinier in person. A real head turner. If you ever get the chance you need to see it in person. Interior is pretty awesome too.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I'm playing around with a new VR program, so I've got big seam for now, I'll try to get that worked out. Anyway, here's a Quicktime VR 360 pano from the upper end, near Doug and Lonnie. I have a couple more from other spots that I'll put together as I get time. Have Fun, Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post