Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
IL. 1988 Regency 40'~ Factory Upgrade in 1997
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
I'd like some more information on the bedroom and the cabinets you have drawn. Is the bed landlocked on 3 sides, or can you walk at the foot of the bed as you can in an island bed. How about the back side. I assme the bed abuts the back of the bus.

I'm primarily interested in headroom. I'm pretty much reconciled to the fact that I'll have to duck a bit under a/c units, etc, but I want to be able to stretch out on the bed. I'm 6'5".

Next question. Since this was not originally made as a motor coach does that or the 2nd door detract from its value?

Third, as someone who thought they'd wind up buying a Bluebird or a Newell, please compare construction methods among the three. (Stick and Staple, etc.) I'm concerned about collision tolerance and rollover.

Posts: 31 | Location: Americus, Georgia | Member Since: 05-06-2009Report This Post
Picture of Admiral
posted Hide Post
Mr. Miller, the bed is landlocked on three sides.
The second door in my opinion adds value to the coach because it allows you easier egress from the bedroom area in case of fire or emergency. This coach is not a stick built like some of the SOB (something other than Barth)coaches. I believe it is a metal framed bus chasse manufactured by Gillig. It most definitely is not a stick or wood framed coach. java

Posts: 12 | Location: Quad Cities USA, Illinois | Member Since: 09-11-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Third, as someone who thought they'd wind up buying a Bluebird or a Newell, please compare construction methods among the three. (Stick and Staple, etc.) I'm concerned about collision tolerance and rollover.

I looked back through the archives and did not find the photos and post but one of the members had some sort of problem and rolled the coach. They were bruised and shaken but were able to walk away. As I remember this was at highway speed, flat land admittedly but no fiberglass itch was reported.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I knew an elderly couple who rolled their Barth. It was in curvy rugged terrain. From the pictures, it did not survive as well as a Bluebird, but every crash is different. They were only bruised and battered. The strong steel up front stood up pretty well.

I have seen a number of stick and staple RV rollovers that looked like someone emptied a Dumpster.

My own observations lead me to think that a Barth would survive a rollover better than most. Probably on a par with Cortez, early Travcos, Superior and the Bolus Airstreams, but not as well as Bluebird, Newell and the buses.

The older Bluebirds were certified by the DOT.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
We looked at it today, really nice extra clean coach. Love that interior, beautiful and so much room. But for us it is too much coach. This is personal and not about the coach. We need to downsize (we got a 35ft bus conversion). It kills me but I guess I get over it (Doris). Will not speak to Marvin for a week..... Call us crazy.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Report This Post
Picture of Admiral
posted Hide Post
This great Coach is still available. cheers

Posts: 12 | Location: Quad Cities USA, Illinois | Member Since: 09-11-2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Please update us with a current status on this coach. Thanks and Happy New year!

Posts: 31 | Location: Americus, Georgia | Member Since: 05-06-2009Report This Post
Picture of Admiral
posted Hide Post
This great Barth Motor Home is now winterized but able to travel. Still available at a great price. Tooling Along

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Kohler also used 3 cyl Kubotas, that's what I have in mine.

The interior window treatment in your coach is the same material as my 97 Monarch.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
In an earlier post, you cleared up about the land locked bed. Since I'll be head to toe up against cabinets, can you tell me the length of the bed?

Any chance of removing a side cabinet and making some extra foot room?

Picture of Admiral
posted Hide Post
The bed is the same size as my son's double bed, it measures 75 inches for the mattress. The bottom cabinets could be cut off to the same height as the back wall cabinets. I would not want to do so. I am 5 ft 11, slept in it quite comfortably with enough leg room. I would think that if it was needed the mattress could be rotated 90 degrees to set against the drivers side wall with the window. From the back wall to the closet wall it would measure about 84 inches. By removing the little desk in the corner between the bed and the closet on the window side. Looking back at the pictures of the bedroom, the cabinets could be altered to remove the four drawers under the small TV and the closet door to the left of the drawers could be cut shorter still allowing for some storage space to the left of the TV. Those cabinets are about 15 inches deep. If I had to have a longer bed I would have the cabinet drawers removed by a cabinet maker and gain an abundance of leg room to stretch out. The TV set could be eliminated, the pocket converted for storage.
Tooling Along

posted Hide Post
Thanks - and I suppose by rotating the mattress you should be able to fit a true queen mattress into the space. Does that sound reasonable?

Sorry to be such a PITA.

Picture of Admiral
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stick Miller:
Thanks - and I suppose by rotating the mattress you should be able to fit a true queen mattress into the space. Does that sound reasonable?

Sorry to be such a PITA.

I just edited my reply post to you. I came up with some alternate ideas that could be conceivable. Your not a PITA, these are issues you need to address, I don't mind.

Picture of Admiral
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stick Miller:

Sorry to be such a PITA.

The space between the window and the foot of the bed measures 75 inches, the Queen mattress is 50 inches wide. You would have about 25 inches for easier access to the bed if the mattress was rotated. Tooling Along

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Ya know how many times somebody has said "damn, how did I miss out on that one?" Well here's you're chance to redeem yourself.
Looks like you all lost out Big Grin . A mighty fine coach indeed. No, I didn't get it so I lost out too. Frowner
quote:
I sold my 40 ft Regency on 08 JAN 2010. I would like to update the ad to "SOLD". Thank you kindly.

Walt "Admiral" Nenycz
Nuclear Grade U.B.C. Ret.
Congratulations on your sale.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post