Notify
Tools
CA ~ 1988 34' Regency No response from owner
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
Picture of Lorelei
posted
If this Barth is still for sale, contact Barthmobile Admin

We're offering Bartha (1988 34' Regency) for sale because we blew her 8.2 socks off just after purchasing her in Atlanta GA. She needs a Cat 3208, and since we've purchased another Regency, we don't have the $ to replace the engine in the first Regency. She's a great coach in many ways, but neither of us are a mechanic, and we'd like to see her get on the road again. Coach has all new tires, however, has just been sitting for over 6 mos. now. We'd like $11,500.

modmermaid@yahoo.com

Direct link to all 50 photos we have of this coach.

Posts: 38 | Location: Point Arena, CA | Member Since: 06-03-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
I just looked at all the photos. Nice!
Gillig chassis but I can't see what transmission. Is it an Allison 4 speed? Is it a full air system?
Do the air bags leak?
Any idea what it would cost to R&R with a Cat 3208T?
Thanks
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Report This Post
Picture of Lorelei
posted Hide Post
Hi Don:
The air bags do not leak, to the best of our knowledge. It is, indeed, a 4-sp Allison transmission. As to cost to replace 8.2 Detroit Diesel with a Cat 3208, that depends on lots of things. We found used engine w/ tranny assembly for $6,500, but had no way to verify the engine would work, since it was not in a vehicle. Estimates to pull the old engine and replace were in the 6 to 10K range. This coach should go to someone who is a mechanic and who wants a 34' Regency. Or, maybe it should be parted out. Take care.

Posts: 38 | Location: Point Arena, CA | Member Since: 06-03-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Where is the coach located? Is it still in the Atlanta area? Or is this in Eloy? Confused in TN
Is there storage fees involved?

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Report This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
Here's another engine option Cummins 8.3 with an Allison MD3060-6 speed for $10k http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/1461764014.html
Another idea would be to buy a later model >1993 delaminated SOB and drive it to Cali. to make an engine swap.

1999 Airstream Safari 25'
2007 Toyota Tundra
1987 Yamaha YSR toads

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Does a 8V71 out of an Eagle Bus fit a Barth? There is one for sale in Monteagle TN (parting bus out).

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Probably not. Also an 8v71 weighs around 2500lbs. might be a little too much for a Barth?

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Report This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to Diesel engine spec page
http://www.adieselengine.com/new_page_1.htm

1999 Airstream Safari 25'
2007 Toyota Tundra
1987 Yamaha YSR toads

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Some interesting information on 8.2 reman here http://www.expertdiesel.com/82_detroit.htm $6995.00/$1000.00 core chg. 2 year warranty. Engine hp boost to 230 with torque about the same.$350.00 freight to California.

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
As gerald mentioned, Expert Diesel can do 8.2 repairs, but also Cat 3208T/Allisons as this photo shows.

And this, this, and this.

The 8.2L rebuild is a lot cheaper than my factory-new AMG 6.5L TD - although I ended up with the same horsepower.

Frankly, IMHO, it would be most benerficial for this coach to be repowered and ready to go, as unless someone local with resurrection inclinations were found (very unlikely), the coach has, to be polite, minimal value.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Picture of Lorelei
posted Hide Post
The coach is located in Pt. Arena, CA, which is about 3 hrs. north of San Francisco, along the Mendocino coast. We are right on Highway 1. There are no storage fees, as we have the coach in our driveway, and have rolled it around when needed - it means starting up the generator to pump up the air so the brakes will work, but you get the idea. The biggest cost to get this coach on the road again is not the purchase of another engine, but the time and/or expense of actually pulling the old engine and putting the new one in.
It really needs to go to a mechanic. I should probably advertise locally... At any rate, I would advocate re-powering with a Cat 3208. The transmission appears to be in good shape, but we never made it to a service center to have it inspected or serviced, so I don't really know. Also, there is rust in the driver's side rear storage compartment, which suggests this coach was at least partially sitting in water wherever it was stored the last few years in Atlanta GA. There were many things my husband had to fix while we were driving it across the states - an airhose to the windshield wipers, an electrical problem with the refrigerator, etc, but the bottom line is, a new engine is time-consuming if you do it yourself, or expensive if you don't.

posted Hide Post
I am probebly too late but I have a 3208t that needs a home if the Barth is still avail Dana

Posts: 1 | Location: hinsdale il usa | Member Since: 02-04-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
is this unit available or is this an old post.

help help
dave

Posts: 1 | Location: northwest | Member Since: 06-09-2012Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Did you send an email to the person selling the coach yet? Yes, it's an old ad. But we have older ads for active coaches still for sale. My suggestion: Send an email and then let us know what they say.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
do you have the paint codes for this barth

Posts: 1 | Location: ORMOND BEACH fl | Member Since: 04-23-2013Report This Post