Tools
Reply To This Topic

Next "On the Road Again"
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
The next star party on my agenda is the Peach State Star Gaze, 10/7-14/07, near Crawfordsville and Sharon, GA. Probably leaving 10/6, home to I-75 N to Macon, GA,, thence US 129/US41 to Eatonton, SR 44 to I-20, then SR20 to Crawfordsville, then SR47 to Deer Lick Astronomy Village.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Leaving midday 10/5...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Rusty, we'll be running up 75 Thursday morning. Give me a holler Friday morning before you leave and I'll give you any road news you need.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Got it - thanks!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Rusty, Now that the love bugs have made their September appearance I'l be filling you in on that situation too. We're only running 75 as far as Tifton, then west on 82- 520 to Alex City, but I'll let you know how North Fla. and South Geo looks if you call Friday morning. Gotta wax the nose and Rain-x the windshield. I'm gonna try waxing the front bumper too. I'll let you know how that works for love bug protection.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Already done both - I use Nu-Finish in the front. Got quit a few of 'em on return from my PA trip.

Now all I need is for the turbo to show up, get it in, and get packed. Still plan leaving 10/5, though.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Now that everyone that was going found a reason to back out, Suzy and I are going by ourselves and can leave Wednesday about noon, so we're looking at a State Park in Geo. Bingham something. Just north of Valdosta. If anyone has a N. Fla or S Geo. overnight suggestion near 75 we're wide open. Coming home is the same, niether of us needing to be home until tuesday, so we're looking for a monday night place, maybe Suwanee River State Park.

79 Barth Classic

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
There's a very nice park, Travelers Haven (now apparently called "Travelers Campground"), at Exit 399 on I-75. I've never stayed there (it's only 17 miles from my house, but I used to insure the place before it changed hands.) Go SE a hundred yards on US441; there's a left turn just before the Waffle House.

It's a bit pricier than High Springs Campground (Exit 404, go west a couple of hundred yards on SR 236) - but I've never been into that one.

There's also a decent one at Exit 467 (Jennings Outdoor Resort Campground) - west a couple of hundred yards on SR 143.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke