Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Vidalia Louisiana
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted
We are at the Wanderlodge Owners Group rally in Vidalia Louisiana , " Love Birds Rally"

The weather for the drive down on Monday was sunny with 30 mph wind gusts . It would have been a great ride down , but about a hundred miles from our destination the engine alarm started making weird noises that changed with engine rpm . The gauges told me that everything was operating normal , so no problem with the engine or operating systems . I pulled into a grocery store parking lot and finally located the electronic alarm location. Unfortunately , I was not able to gain access to it . The last hundred miles we had to listen to the noise . Frowner
Tuesday morning I was able to locate the exact location mounted to the wall inside the enclosure for the gear shifter, but couldn't get to it . I determined the best way in this situation was to remove the carpet and look for the screws holding the cover on . Couldn't find all the screws , so I drilled four holes and used a saws-all to cut an access hole Mechanic . Then I was finally able to reach the alarm and disconnect the power wires . I checked all the gauges and everything worked fine after removing power to the alarm . I reinstalled the carpet and you can't even tell I was in there . The ride home Monday should be quieter Smiler.

The Rally actually started Wednesday and I believe there are twenty or so coaches here .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Strange and irritating! head bang

My audible alarm has intermittent function but has never locked on. I have the opposite problem: often it doesn't work at all. When I first start the engine the audible alarm should come on until oil pressure is up but it often does not. The warning lights on the panel work but no audible alarm. I find the sound annoying, as I am sure you do. I have never bothered to troubleshoot it.

My alarm is is mounted in front of the panel, on the firewall in front of the steering column. Not easy to get to.

I do not recall seeing any references to the alarm unit. I am not sure how it is supposed to work. Perhaps there is someone who has more experience that can give us more info.

30 mph winds can be a challenge. That looks like a nice place for Birds. Enjoy your stay! Thumbs Up

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Harold I wish I could tell you the magic remedy? DBarth had issues every time it rained while going down the road. I’m sure there was a cracked wire that would ground when wet. I put a panel to protect the wires from splash whole traveling. Took longer but still would do it. Once the wet road dryer it took very little time to stop.

I kept the top screws on that side panel out and if gauges showed good I’d just reach in and pull the wire off the alarm. I didn’t want to make it easy by putting a switch. I kept chasing that issue but never found it.

We are by Maurice. Working on projects, eating Boudin and pissed about the crawfish crop.

Great the amount of rain we are getting. Looks like the drought is over here. Wish we getting some at home in Minnesnowta

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
As I am sure you are aware nearly all chassis 12V circuits pass through the Breakaway's left front exterior compartment.

The next time such a circuit needs interrupted maybe consider doing so at those individual terminals. Additionally, the circuits' terminals in the compartment are identified in detail - possibly aiding to diagnose.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
It was much quieter on the trip home . The gauges and warning lights still work fine . It is kind of nice not listening to the alarms going off while airing up . No audible alarm isn't really a problem , I check my gauges frequently.

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post