Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tom, Nancy, Donna, & Nick's Great Adventure
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
At least no bugs on the windshield. Really praying for a quick fix Tom. You folks are doing a great job of puting a seed in our minds for a western GTG, one like we talked about at Milford .01. All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
not really the picture we were waiting for but thumbs up for color coordination (blue) and is that a Kenworth W900 Big Grin
hope Tom and Nancy get back on their own wheels soon!

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I surely hope the Johns' issue is minor!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
This is the first time I didn't miss being along on the trip. (Somehow I'm thinking if I was there I'd be working on/under a diesel...) Smiler

Spent the last 10 days cruising the north shore of Lake Superior in my Dad's 40 ft boat. 350 miles of lake and Nippigon Bay, too. Beautiful scenery and wonderful Canadian hospitality all the way. Great weather and smooth rides, too.

Hoping it's a minor fix but it sounds like head gasket trouble Frowner Good luck T & N !

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5184 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I had a choice of LSU colors or Kentucky. after following all that LSU crap around for a few weeks It was refreshing to see Ky Blue on the trailer. It did look pretty good on there.
Steve it was fuel not water. unless you had a pocket full of injecters it wouldn't have done any good under it. Wish I had been with you in Canada. Catch anything edible? See ya on the road soon I hope.

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Uh-oh AGAIN. And this time it ain't no LITTLE glitch.
I guess you might want to sneak this "Thing" into their coach. Big Grin

What was it again??? hmm

I remember, it's there to...
quote:
"...ward off drive shaft monsters and other creatures that could possibly create problems on future Barth trips."
I guess proximity alone isn't good enough. ROTFLMAO

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
I think it might just be something with that part of Montana. We spent a couple days in Harding when we brought ours home from Seattle mechanic

At least it looks like you guys have been having fun otherwise Thumbs Up

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Tom I hope you recoved from your dizzy spell from looking out the window going backwards. Ha ha that was funny it reminds me of when I used to ride in my dads station wagon with the rear facing seat looking out the back window man that was forever ago.

Great pictures looks like you guys are having a great time other than the breakdown. Oh well shit happends. Hopefully it's not that bad, good luck on the rest of the voyage.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Well, Donna and I are at a campground in Billings, MT waiting on Tom and Nancy to hopefully arrive. The Shop is suppose to complete repairs today.

We spent 2 days at Yellowstone while the repairs were being made. There are worse places in the world to kill a couple of days.

A few pictures taken in the Park:

Now EXACTLY how wide is that Barth???????? Did you include the mirrors?????

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Sweet trip. Glad to see the bears.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Great pix! Sounds like Tom's problem might not have been too bad if he's nearly on the road all ready. We love seeing where you go and hearing about it, so keep it coming.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Nick; The third pic of your campsite is the best, we are totally glad, happy, thrilled that you two got to have this adventure this summer, keep on Barthing. All who wander are not lost. Cool

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
We are in Spearfish, SD and Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep the folks from their appointed wine glasses. We refuse to be overcome by inclement weather or anything else.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
So, what was the issue with Tom's engine? mechanic

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Tonight, we are in Mitchell, SD. Looks like this might be our last night together. Frowner Tomorrow Tom and Nancy will continue east and Donna and I will turn south. My 88 year old mother is having health issues and we will be headed to her place in Monroe, La. Tom and Nancy will be trying to nurse the coach home to Monticello, KY. We have traveled about 5000 miles together in the last few weeks and it has been the experience of a lifetime. The memories will last forever. We are already planning our next adventure up the east coast into Canada, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, etc.

Will keep you posted until we get home to Georgia.

Nick