Reply To This Topic

Tom, Nancy, Donna, & Nick's Great Adventure
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures - keep em coming!!! Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
See you guys in a week or so! Thanks for your updates we will have a warm reception for ya'll here on the left coast. A mini Barth GTG?

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
Glad you are haveing a great time. We. Just arrived home Sunday only one incident lost the left rear Hyde jack will have to get new o rings
On the main cylinder. Oo also two outside cab lites did not hit anything looks they just blew up in the heat or wind. In the process of fixing now
Lenny&judy

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Left Las Vegas on July 5th and drove to Bakersfield, CA. About 300 miles of NOTHING. Next day drove up to Lodi, CA. I have a cousin there that entertained us for a few days. This is very near the Napa Valley area and we spent several days sampling the local "grape juice". Also visited some really big trees. Today we drove to Reno, NV. We are working our way to Butte, Montana.

Will post some pictures later.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
On the road agian, with my friends. What a life, enjoy it. cheers All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeff H
posted Hide Post
Wow, two beautiful Barths literaly drove past my house on Rt 66 and I missed them. I live only a few miles from the "big soda bottle". We took our Barth and kids to Lake Eufaula, a couple hours east of Oklahoma City for the Fourth of July Weekend and ended up spending the last 2 1/2 weeks on the lake. Did you enjoy the cowboy hall of fame. I agree I have been in awe of that statue since I was a kid. It seemed even larger back then. Hope you have a safe trip and let me know if you travel rt 66 again. Would love to see your coach

Posts: 30 | Location: Oklahoma | Member Since: 01-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Uh-oh, first glitch in the great adventure. mechanic Mischief Stopped at a rest stop on I-80 about 100 miles east of Reno and did the usual walk around to check things. The back of the coach and the front of the pickup were covered with oil. confusion Checked the engine oil level and it was still almost on the full mark. operating pressures and temps completely normal. Kept a close watch on everything and made in on into Elko, NV. Found a Good local mechanic and together we found a 20 year old oil line that had a pin hole in it. WHEW, nothing major. Thumbs Up He made up a new steel reinforced line and was done in about an hour. Should be back on the road tomorrow on the way to Butte, MT. Tooling Along

Great side note to the layover in Elko. 100th Annual Rodeo was here this weekend and Nancy got to go to her first rodeo tonight.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
The further North you guys get today, the better chance you may get a good viewing of the Northern Lights. A solar outburst is coming and should be here tonight and tomorrow.

Have a great safe time.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I deleted because I guessed wrong on the projected route... Razzer

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Drove from Elko, NV to Pocatello, ID today. First time we have seen rain on the trip and temperatures are down about 30 degrees. Staying the night at Cowboy RV park and on to Butte, MT tomorrow.

Nick

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
w visited Bannack MT a really nice ghosttown some years back. Think it is a State Historic Site.
Glad you all got the Barth fixed. There is not much but Elko.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Arrived in Butte yesterday the 15th. Mountain Festival going on and of course we attended. Will leave tomorrow for Little Big Horn in southeastern Montana. Will not wear Calvary uniforms. nono

Here is a few pictures taken along the way.

Proof that we did make it to California.

At the California welcome station.

We had to have something to do in wine country.

Also went by the Woodbridge winery. Not exactly a boutique winery. Each of those tanks holds approx 130,000 gallons, that's about 650,000 bottles per tank!!

And for you folks that want only that estate wine ages in barrels. Well they have that covered.

Also went and visited the big trees.

This stump is 27 feet in diameter.

Donna and Nancy on the trail

Nancy looking for axe.

Dinner at my cousin's in Lodi, CA

Somewhere along the road, Tom thought Hank needed a bone.

This is from the rodeo in Elko, NV. The Middle of the country is very patriotic.

Highlight of the rodeo. "The Ring Of Fear". 6 out of the audience in 6 rings. They turn a bull loose and the last person left in a ring won $500. But the bull really won. Cleared the area in about 1 minute.

On the road thru Utah

The Berkeley Pit in Butte, MT. Read about it.

Nick

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's fantastic. Keep us updated Nick & Tom!!! Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Wow
Very nice trip. cheers

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Uh-oh AGAIN. And this time it ain't no LITTLE glitch.

Tom and Nancy are experimenting with the Nick Cagle method of saving fuel!!!!!!

Tom said he got a little dizzy looking out the windshield going backwards. They are with the coach at a repair shop in Billings, Montana. The coach started blowing out white smoke and it appears fuel was getting to the crankcase somehow. The ride was about 75 miles into Billings.

Donna and I detoured to Yellowstone to kill a few days until we can meet up again in eastern Montana or Wyoming.

Anyway here is the view from our camp site at the northern edge of Yellowstone.

Will keep you posted.

Nick