Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida 23-24
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The valve arrived promptly this morning about 8:30. Kudos to Stengelbros for quick shipment overnight. Good price, too.

I installed the valve and aired up the system, no problems. I will post a thread on these valves soon.

U joints looked ok. I greased them and they seemed normal. We filled with diesel fuel and headed north about 11AM. Drove 350 miles to Wapakeneta, Ohio KOA. No problems except traffic through Cinci and Dayton was heavy. The original plan for Sunday would have been a lot better.

We lost two days parked at the truck stop. No real problem just boring and frustrated not to be home. About 340 miles to home tomorrow, hopefully without incident. I am still disappointed that I was unable to find anyone in the local area who would get the part and the job done promptly.

Next trip will be Minnesnowta GTG in June. Thumbs Up

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5192 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Fueled up this morning (Cheaper in Ohio) paid $3.57/gal. Best price of the trip.

Drove 350 miles home. Only 40 degrees here so the coach was a bit cool today. Never has heated well. At 70 mph there is enough cold air exchange to keep the heaters challenged.

Arrived about 330PM. The last leg of the long trip home. Good to be back but the weather sure is different. Upper 80's in Florida, cloudy and 40's here. Way behind here. No leaves on the trees yet either.

Now that we have a permanent park model in Florida, this will likely be the end of the "Barth Journeys to Florida" We will leave the coach home for vacations and trips, not for extended living. It has and will continue to serve us well, just with more limited long distances and long stays.

Have Barth, did travel! Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5192 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Happy you are home safe and sound! Sorry about the weather, sun and heat are on the way.....Someday!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2062 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We have mostly unpacked the coach. Now that it will be shorter term use we don't need some of the extra stuff we had.

I ordered two more ride height valves for the front axle. I will intall them soon. Next trip will be MN GTG in June. This will likely be the end of the Barth Journeys to Florida. Big Grin

I will report on the park model life next year!

Have Barth, will travel, but not Florida Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp