Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida 23-24
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Nice looking home! People will think you're the park owners. Are you going to be around tomorrow? And where is the Barth relative to your lot?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We will be here until Tuesday morning. Getting things moved in and sorted.

Barth is parked two streets over, in Muise's site #70. Close to the office.

We are the latest sensation in the park. Lots of open house tours going on! Stop by if you get the chance! Thumbs Up

Posts: 5187 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Bathroom. Standard flush toilet.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Bedroom storage

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Very nice

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well it has been nearly 90 the last few days. We are ready to head back to the Great White North.

The new house is closed up and the coach is ready. We will head to Georgia tomorrow. We are planning a stop at UBRVRAPE to see Donna. After 8 years here with the coach it will be strange to leave it home next year. I will have to remember how to winterize it! confusion

It will be much easier to drive my truck and I will be bringing my 19ft boat for the first time next year.

Have Barth, will travel, tomorrow! Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Left Oakhaven around 930. Drove to Eagles Roost RV park, exit 5 in Georgia without incident. The coach ran well and medium traffic on I75. No love bugs this trip, sometimes they are really thick. Heading to Harlem tomorrow.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear the trip is going well! Enjoy your visit.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2060 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We ran to Harlem on Wednesday, just a bit west of Augusta. No problems, the Barth is doing great. We will stay until Saturday to enjoy the visit with Donna. Her son Tim and his two kids are here as well. (No picture this time, just look at my avatar. It was taken a couple years ago, right where we are parked now!)

On Saturday we will head north through South and North Carolina, then back to Tennesse. We will avoid Atlanta, Chattanooga and Knoxille. One good reason to come this far east in Georgia.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We spent Thursday and Friday at Cagles. A pleasant visit with our old Barth friends. We left this morning and drove north through S and N Carolina to Tennessee. We rejoined I75 just east of Knoxville, with a clean shot to the north. Pulled in to Volunteer RV Park (off exit 117) for the night.

Some steep hills and some construction in N Carolina but much better than Atlanta, Chattanooga and going through Knoxville.
A couple hills got me down to 45mph but mostly good. No trouble with the coach. Thumbs Up

Looks like situation normal in Kalkaska. Snowing today. Never fails. Weeks of 50's and 60's, then snow when I head home. head bang

Have Barth, travelling Tooling Along

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Ah yes; turned cold here too, seems to know when you are headed North!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2060 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I have accepted that somehow I have been cursed with a small black cloud that hovers over my head wherever I go. (Something like the Peanuts character, Pigpen, with his dust cloud.) For me, cold cloudy weather seems to follow.

When I go to Florida, it cools down there whenever I arrive. When I leave, it warms up. head bang

Every time I have gone home in April, it has snowed when I got there, in spite of generally warm weather.

Here near Knoxville it will be upper 40's tonight. Tomorrow we'll be in Ohio, low around 40. They are calling for 29 Monday morning in Kalkaska! It should be warmed up to 60 by the time we get home. head bang

to be continued:

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well so much for the smooth trip. We left the park this morning and barely got on I75 and the turd fairy hit. head bang

Heavy vibration from the chassis indicated some problem. It varies with speed but I pulled over at the next exit. We pulled into the back of a fuel station and discovered the rear of the coach was squatting low. It appears that the rear axle ride height valve broke and the rear air bags are getting no pressure.

I crawled under to inspect, then removed the valve. It is a Haldex 90054007 valve. Fairly common valve but being Sunday I have had no luck finding one locally. We are about 15 miles northeast of Knoxville. I left a few messages but it appears we will be here for the night. Hopefully I can find one tomorrow morning and get it delivered. Should not take long to install but we are going nowhere for now.

Should have known. As this is probably our last trip to Florida with the Barth, the turd fairies could not resist. head bang

to be continued:

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
No luck finding the part locally. I ordered one from Stengelbros with overnight shipping. Assuming it arrives I will be back on the road again tomorrow. Hopefully early day arrival so I can get some road time in. I can install it in about 1/2 hr.

Meanwhile we are parked in a truck stop, level and well lit, albeit a bit noisy.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Oh Steve, well at least you have a safe stopping point. Years ago with my old Winnebago I had to spend two nights in a truck stop waiting on an alternator, so I know your pain. Good luck!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine