Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Baloon Festival
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted
Anyone here attending the baloon festival in Albquerque this October? Anne and I are leaving tomorrow for three weeks touring New Mexico, Arizona, and possible Texas. We will be in Abq the week of the festival. If anyone is going let me know, and will try to meet with you. We are flying, not getting to take the coach this trip. Happy motoring. Ray and Anne

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Sky, That is on our list of Things to Do and Places to Go. Any information you can share relative to RVing there would be appreciated.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Will do bill h, I know there is a large park there for coaches and sure wish we were taking to coach, but I ran into an airfare from Atlanta to ABQ for $280 for the both of us. But the room cost there during the festival more than make up for the airfare. I will send you some ifno on the rv parking if available. Bill have you ever been to Oshkosh? Went there last year, never seen so many planes during that week. Got to fly in a B17 and a Ford trimotor and a bell 47 copter. Do not see how a pilot kept any hearing flying the 2 previous. Sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of Ol' Betsy
posted Hide Post
We went last year with the Escapees and had a wonderful time. There is more than ample parking for rv's, but I believe advance reservations are a good idea. There is a regularly scheduled shuttle to and from the staging area. The balloons last year flew over the rv parking grounds and many landed extremely near the parked rvs. Also flew close enough overhead for extended waving and vocal greetings back and forth. Also landed among the rv's and willing volunteers (my daughter, husband and myself) helped take some of the balloons down. It was marvelous fun and we hope to do it again. There were hundreds of rv's there of all sorts. There is a web site that can give precise information about parking fees etc etc etc. Hope this helps.

Betsy & Carl Feren
Ms Idgie and April
1992 30' Barth Breakaway

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 12-21-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Thanks Carl, we are flying in this time, have motel set up and car and parking for auto, and Anne and I have a scheduled baloon ride on the moring of the 12th. Really looking forward to the trip. Take care. sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sky:
Bill have you ever been to Oshkosh?

A long time ago, when it was just another airport. Was helping a friend build a Tailwind, and we flew there to buy some parts from Steve, who was managing the airport then. But the fly in is also on The List.

quote:
Went there last year, never seen so many planes during that week. Got to fly in a B17 and a Ford trimotor and a bell 47 copter. Do not see how a pilot kept any hearing flying the 2 previous. Sky

Wow. I never got a chance to ride in a B17. Really neat airplane. My influence with the CAF does not go beyond the local chapter......which has boring stuff.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post