Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rhode Island and Cape Cod
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted
The Bluesmobile took me to the coast. We got to Fisherman's Memorial State Park, in Point Judith, Rhode Island, and Nickerson State Park, Brewster, Massachusetts, on Cape Cod. The RI park has hook ups, the Massachusetts one did not. The picture is at the RI park. The weather was great for 2 weeks. From the RI park, you can walk or bike to Scarborough Beach, the lighthouse at the Coast Guard Station, and to the fishing port of Galilee. You will be assured of some great seafood there. The ferry also heads out to Block Island from there.

At Nickerson State Park, you are adjacent to the Cape Cod Rail Trail, which is a paved bicycle path, and can get you to the town of Orleans easily, and other towns as well. To get to the beaches, you really need motorized transport. One day, though, we took the bikes to Orleans, and caught the Cape Cod Transit system bus to Provincetown. The bus goes right to the dock, and from there the whale watch boat allowed us to see humpback whales and dolphins. The dolphins were putting on a show and getting airborne!

The Bluesmobile ran great. It is fun to enjoy the rig and the situations that come from it. Well, only one problem. My son and I went to a camp shower, and I closed the door, but did not lock it. The key was inside, "Elixer". I went back for the shampoo, and the deadbolt had partially locked itself! I had the windows open, so I was able to slide the screen, and open the escape window, and climb in. There is nothing like the look on a sons face when dad has to do something really goofy!

There was some good grilling of steaks, and I love pulling the Barth in to the roadside clam shacks. Life is GOOD!

Happy Motoring,
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Point Judith

Posts: 528 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Thanks

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
What a great adventure, nothing better than family fun!! Well maybe a running Barth is close!!!!

My girls now in their fifties, had their share of me making a fool of myself, so I know your situation!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2058 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
One thing I wanted to mention about the Cape Cod National Seashore, there is a place at Race Point, where you can park your RV on the beach. Race Point is a place where Cape Cod Bay and the Atlantic meet, and there is a lots of fish there. The attraction is for surfcasters. I have never done it but I sure want to try. Guys with Jeeps and 4wd vehicles will go further down the beach too.

Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 528 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post