Tools
Reply To This Topic

Kerrville Texas
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted
Howdy from Texas Smiler
We are in Texas with a flock of Bluebirds for the Eclipse Rally . It was a 450 mile journey and the coach has performed flawlessly Smiler . It's been great seeing old friends and meeting new ones along with putting faces to people on the forum who I've talked with for years . There are folks from all over the country and I believe at least one coach from Canada .

Snapped a picture at a roadside picnic spot in southwest Texas.

Happy Motoring Tooling Along

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 624 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
We're finally going to exercise our camper and watch the clouds darken over a Cape Girardeau, MO campsite. So we will have a little wait after you lose totality, probably about the time you get about 1/2 a sun. Hope we can remember how to tow and backup, good thing we've a forever license tag.
We are taking my 8 inch scope with a solar filter a bunch of solar glasses, binoculars and a few pieces of poster board with a pinhole.
Best of luck and share your successes.
Tim

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccctimtation:
We're finally going to exercise our camper and watch the clouds darken over a Cape Girardeau, MO campsite. So we will have a little wait after you lose totality, probably about the time you get about 1/2 a sun. Hope we can remember how to tow and backup, good thing we've a forever license tag.
We are taking my 8 inch scope with a solar filter a bunch of solar glasses, binoculars and a few pieces of poster board with a pinhole.
Best of luck and share your successes.
Tim

Tim, figured you would go down there by boat!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2051 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Curious why you are carring a jeep on a trailer unless it is a two wheel drive unit.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1186 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer to trailer . If we or someone with us breaks something on their Jeep while trail riding , we can get it back home . The trailer also gives us the ability to back up . The trailer gives us extra storage for camping gear.
I also like that it is putting the wear on the trailer tires and bearings instead of the Jeep . The coach doesn't mind the extra weight , at least not in the areas we frequently travel . If we get in an area where the grades are long and steep , we can unload the Jeep and Cat can follow .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 624 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
I think Einstein defined one version of relativity as kissing your lover for time and holding a hot coal for the same time, they don't seem to be equal! We were on a 4.5 minutes path and 4 shares of what we all thought were 30 seconds at the 8" scope eyepiece. It was amazing and now we are in Mountainview Arkansas hoping to have a time Liz has been looking forward to for some time. I'm sure the 30 to 40 mph headwinds will reverse when we eventually head home but so far only the cat is upset and we just ran out of Beefeaters!

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Harold; did you need Cat to push you in those strong headwinds???

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2051 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The coach pushed through the wind fairly well . Yesterday we stayed put , the wind was howling up to 45 and 50 . The coach was rocking all day and trying to walk around outside was difficult . Today the winds will be much calmer so today is a travel day . We are heading to Brenham Texas to visit my 99 year old aunt . Tomorrow we'll make the trip home where there has been over 8 inches of rain over the past 3 days . Lots of flooding happening at home .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW