Tools
Reply To This Topic

Spring-Summer 2010 Trips
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Home at last; arrived today around 3:30. Overnights (and the star party stay) disclosed some pretty sad RV parks.

Shady Pines, Savoy, MA, where the star party was, is wretched. "30A" service pulled down from 110 VAC to 95 VAC with the microwave - this after they gave away my prepaid spot, and tried to put me in one with 15A service. The receptacles there were so deteriorated I insisted on being moved. Wi-fi was $8/night. or $34 for my entire stay.

Morris Farms in N MD, just off I-83, had very tight roads, even for my little coach. Wi-fi was only at hotspots in the office and rec room, closed at 8 PM.

KOA Rocky Mount/Enfield (NC) was a nice little park; they also charged for wi-fi, $5.

The New Green Acres near Walterboro, SC is a nice park; I stayed there the first time when they had just changed hands. $28 for full hookup: cable, 50A, and dump.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
KOA Rocky Mount/Enfield ()NC) was a nice little park; they also charged for wi-fi, $5.

We stayed there once and like it for a night too. I think that was the KOA where the manager was a nurse who once worked with Cheri in NH. She remembered her when we walked in after many years. Small world.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
9/8-9/16 - Off to UBRVRAPE and DAV for annual LOA meeting. Hope to get well, electric, and perc tests done.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Anybody else listen to Bob&Tom on the radio? One of their regular things is Donny Baker? I think calls in from whatever airport he just landed at and gives a rundown on the trip using all the 3 letter call signs from all the airports. Sometimes Rusty reminds me of that, except I usually know what Rusty is talking about. Tell Nick and Donna I said Hey!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Arrived yesterday at UBRVRAPE. The new exhaust elbow and SS tip held up fine. I got perc tests and well arranged for Monday, 9/13, and have the 400A meter can in hand for eventual electrical hookup.

That'll be finalized during the Peach State Star Gaze (10/4-12/10).

Little Nelson really loves to travel (what Golden doesn't?) and has had no "housebreaking" accidents at all.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Perc tests done today; well will get started shortly.

I bought a "local" 27' TT today to serve as temp housing up here so I can drive the van with a trailer to get my stuff up here.

"Local" means I have to haul it 300 yds....Big Grin

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
If you pull it with your coach it will be said "two heads are better than one." Or maybe "a toad with a head."

Have a safe trip, Rusty. (All 300 yards).

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The Augusta Chronicle had a short piece on Deerlick.

There was a pair in the AJC here and here.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke