Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Passing Through Chambersburg, PA
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Daddo
posted
My wife saw a blue and white Barth passing through our home town of Chambersburg, PA last week. Who was that?

Scott

83 28' Barth "Euro"
Chevrolet 454
P-32 Chassis

Posts: 34 | Location: Chambersburg, PA | Member Since: 09-14-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
How far is Chambersburg from MeConnellsburg?

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Daddo
posted Hide Post
McConnellsburg is just on the other side of the mountains from Chambersburg on Route 30. If you went through there you almost certainly passed through Chambersburg.

83 28' Barth "Euro"
Chevrolet 454
P-32 Chassis

Posts: 34 | Location: Chambersburg, PA | Member Since: 09-14-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
You live in such a beautiful area! A fellow car buff friend and I would detour through to McConnelsburg to see the Kelso family. The Kelso's restored Stanley Steamers. I remember they took us for a drive through the countryside in a 1909 Stanley. I was about 30 and scared to death. It was about 40 degrees. The Stanley didn't have doors....just 2 open seats and I had to hold on for dear life as Alan Kelso proceeded to show us how fast the Stanley would go...(nearly 60 miles/hour on straightaways. If I remember correctly, the local doctor was in the car with us...his beeper went off and we had to get him back to the hospital) What beautiful countryside, neat farmhouses, manicured and incredible memories.

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post