Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1971 Barth--Classic - $9980 (LaGrange)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1971 Barth--Classic - $9980 (LaGrange)
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
craigs list Chicago area..

A classic motor home-- This 1971 Barth, with a 350 Chevy engine with new electronic ignition, is a beauty. All aluminum body.

https://chicago.craigslist.org.../rvs/5287407805.html

Posts: 426 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
what does 'direct upload' mean for my posting? I pulled the photo off the Craigs listing.. When listings are pulled from CL, there remains no pic so thought it might be nice to have an example for future looks..

Posts: 426 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'm all for having a pic. Just copying the text doesn't really tell us which coach it is for future reference. I think the problem is the method used to upload the pic. Can it be put into the Photobucket then posted?
Anyway, nice looking old toaster here.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the problem is the method used to upload the pic. Can it be put into the Photobucket then posted?

sorry, still don't understand the problem..what does it matter which way a pic is loaded?

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
This is confusing, at best.

At the bottom of the window, when posting you are given choices to add attachments, including images.

However, any attachments added remain in the body of the posting and require site memory to store. Small attachments are moot but some photos can be several megabytes, using site memory quickly. Also, the photos are often sized way too big or small.

If the photos are emailed to Photobucket they remain there, requiring only a short link in the thread here on this site. Saves a ton of memory. Also, they always come back here in the correct format regardless of how they went in to Photobucket.

OTOH, the process to email images and link to Photobucket can be tricky and the instructions here on the site are not up to date. head bang

71 Barth is indeed an early motorhome!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5194 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
thanks for the explanation..

Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
well loaded a bunch of pic's onto Photobucket for this rig..

http://s1308.photobucket.com/u...36/slideshow/?sort=2 for posterior...urrrr..posterity... Smiler

but don't have permission to edit my own posts currently.. so first direct upload pic stays, I guess..

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Wow. Obviously you didn't have trouble with Photobucket. Thumbs Up

After a few more posts you will get editing power. It is limited for new users, something about anti spammers, etc.

The Photobucket process helps the site but is a nuisance, thanks for helping out, Mike.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5194 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Very nice Barth. Same floorplan as my '75.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
wasn't a snap for sure..the only prob I had with Photobucket was the inability to search for a titled album ( in this case: '1971 Barth Motorhome' ) without going into my own 'library'. Wanted to post 'generically' so to speak... When I searched using that term, I got 79K results with the great majority of results being nothing close to anything 'Barth'.. PB not set up for easy use/transfer/searching IMHO (in my humble opinion)..

"...Thanks to Rusty your first picture is properly posted...." tnx Rusty..

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
You got that right!

The Barth upload email attachments need a member name in the subject line. You are basically creating an album in Bill NY's barthmobile library.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
still for sale!!

https://chicago.craigslist.org.../rvs/5558037615.html

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post