Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1977 24' bustle near Cinci OH for sale
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
Hi, I'm the guy that purchased the barth in cinci. I did talk to the seller after I made it back. However there were a few issues. The old trans fluid was was so old and broke down that it started to over heat and blow out the front of the trany to the point it started slipping badly about half way home. It did limp to the truck stop in second gear till i could add more. So long story short after adding trany fluid a couple different times, dealing with a couple of over heating sticky brakes and praying that the dry rotted tires didn't blow. I made it home fine... Smiler I do think the old barth has many positives and plan on making her road worthy and usable agin. Take care, Tom

Posts: 5 | Location: Grove City, Ohio | Member Since: 11-12-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Tom and Stacey, welcome to Barthmobile!! I'm glad you made it home and you'll find a ton of folks here that are willing and able to help you out as you work on your Barth.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Tom and Stacey, as the proud owner of a 1975 "Bustle" Barth I also welcome you to this site and the wealth of information that is free for the asking. Will look forward to pictures of your new purchase.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
My tired old mantra with older GM Gassers," Replace all the rubber brake lines NOW!" They swell up and make the calipers appear to be sticking, when in fact the fluid just can't return to the resevoir. This is probably the 543rd time I've posted this, but it still holds true.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jsloan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will look forward to pictures of your new purchase.

Including the data tag Smiler

Congrats on your purchase.

~Jeff~

1984 28' Regal P30

Posts: 148 | Location: Mississippi | Member Since: 09-13-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Welcome to our forums Tom&Stacey. cheers

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tommy B. Willis
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site. There are a lot of good tips and suggestions here on every system your Barth/toy has. If you can't find an answer to a problem just ask, someone has already been there and found a solution.

A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes a duty."

8408-3125-28FP3
1985 28' Regal
454 Chevrolet
P32 Chassis

Posts: 56 | Location: Central Mississippi  | Member Since: 05-26-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! We thought the seller was pulling our leg. Marvin said nobody could have made it home on those tires. A little sad you "snatched" her away (we waited too long) but glad she found a good home with someone taking pride in her. Happy Trails! Had to chuckle a little bit because the seller told us your trip went flawless (just a little tranny fluid he said). But sure glad you made it.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom&Stacey:
I do think the old barth has many positives and plan on making her road worthy and usable agin. Take care, Tom

Congratulations. I believe a Barth is the best budget RV out there. Once you get it right, it will stay right, rather than slowy self-destructing as dry rot, loose staples, delaminating siding, peeling contact paper, etc set in.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, for the warm welcome and advice..... (Thats interesting about the rubber break lines I'll fix that.)I will post pics of the old girl when I get her cleaned up and redo some of the interior. I started to clean the outside and I'm pretty happy with the results. I think she'll be a fine example of how nice Barth coaches were designed and made. Take care, Tom&Stacey

Posts: 5 | Location: Grove City, Ohio | Member Since: 11-12-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted Hide Post
sounds like a real rescue project ! good luck maybe we should all throw some support for saving this girl! pm me with ur addy and ill send my donating just pls keep us posted along the way maybe start your own thread with repairs . and upgrades oh welcome aboard tks.

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Tom and Stacey, be sure and take "before" pictures as you proceed with your Barth. Later you can look back and pat yourself on the back for making her look so good. Thumbs Up Smiler

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post