Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1990 Barth 29' in Alabama
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted
I thought I would never have a Barth sighting, But today I was standing in the back of the Truckstop with the schnauzers I look up and low and behold there is a RV dealer and out in back is something glittering like it may be a diamond...or a Barth.

I walked over and sure enough, that is exactly what it was. With dogs in tow, I asked if the coach was for sale? The owner of the dealership blinked a couple of times and said "heck ya".

He has had it for about 10 years and got it from David Allen Coe, on a trade-in and has had it ever since.

He is asking $8,000.00 and I have a ton more pictures It needs some help but is still a very nice coach!

It's at Hood RV in Decatur, AL ask for Mike Miller and tell him Joy from the Website told you to call, He is a great guy!

I can send you more pictures if you would like or maybe someone a little better than me can talk me though this.

1990 Barth 29' at Hood RV Centers, Inc. in Decatur, AL.

460 Ford on a John Deere Chasis, Kohler Generator, 34,000 miles. 1 rear axle, 2 roof top air units, Dash is in good condition, and driver seat and passanger seats look real good also.

Rear Bath is Huge, Large Pantry, rear ladder, This Barth has alot of storage thoughout. On top of refridgerator and freezer also has a seperate ice maker, solid surface counter tops, Carpeting though out and all wood floors in the galley.

I have seen this coach, taken about 50 pictures(it's my first sighting) and spoke with Mike Miller at the dealership. Mike seems to be a straight up guy and told me this coach is an as-is kind of deal. You can contact him at 256-353-8712 or 800-486-0963. The Barth binder and everything right down to the blueprints are all there.

Keep in mind you will need 6 tires and some hoses I would think, the ole' girl has been sitting for about 10 years. This is a nice coach that has been neglected and is gonna need some TLC. Jeff and I both looked at this, please feel free to get ahold of us for any questions at all!!

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff & Joy:

He has had it for about 10 years and got it from David Allen Coe, on a trade-in and has had it ever since.

I believe that is a record for time sitting on a used-RV lot. Or was he using or did a watchman live in it or something.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
know what you mean, we are off the beaten path here in Alabama. Coach shows 34,000 miles, would guess thats original. the story today was he took this in on trade from David Allen Coe, (country singer) and David bought a new coach from him. He gave $35000.00 dollars on the trade in, been in his lot ever since. He is looking to get $8000.00 for it. says it runs, needs a tune up, needs all tires, the coach is in nice shape body wise, paint faded in spots. the undercarrage is clean. Mike Miller does not have this listed with his used inventory

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
know what you mean, we are off the beaten path here in Alabama. Coach shows 34,000 miles, would guess thats original. the story today was he took this in on trade from David Allen Coe, (country singer) and David bought a new coach from him. He gave $35000.00 dollars on the trade in, been in his lot ever since. He is looking to get $8000.00 for it. says it runs, needs a tune up, needs all tires, the coach is in nice shape body wise, paint faded in spots. the undercarrage is clean. Mike Miller does not have this listed with his used inventory

Ya know, I think I remember that one, a really long time ago, when I was looking at Barths. We didn't go look at it because it had a center bedroom with twin beds. I think he had it on RV trader.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
this one has two couches, that fold out to make up the beds. Sorry I don't have a picture that shows that part of the floor plan very well. One couch is just forward of the bathroom, and the other is behind the drivers seat. Smiler

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a floor plan option for the 25'Regal. A midcoach twin bed on the curb side is shown as floorplan 25A in the 1988 brochure.
Not that Barth would not have built a 31'
special with a midship twin bed if that's what the customer wanted!
Don
quote:
this one has two couches, that fold out to make up the beds. Sorry I don't have a picture that shows that part of the floor plan very well. One couch is just forward of the bathroom, and the other is behind the drivers seat. Smiler

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hood RV in Decatur, AL

Send me some pics (PM) if you please and any information on drive train.

Thanks

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
The flo0r plan is similar to my '90 33' Regal SE, as are the solid counter tops with wood grain insert.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
Yes they do...and there is a little flip up counter top on the end to maximize counter space, with 2 drawers under that. There is a cover for the 2-burner stove as well. And the sink covers are both there

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don in Niagara:
That sounds like a floor plan option for the 25'Regal... Not that Barth would not have built a 31'...
I had them check for me... It's a 29' Barth.

Vin# 17N340127KW004264

Data Tag Number:
8909-3634-29J-B1X
9/18/89

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Jeff and Joy, it looks like a lot of the ceiling is hanging down?? Also, the couch in front of the bath faces what? Did he start it up for you? Great pictures
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
Jim and Tere, if I remember right it was bad in the front and got better as you went back. The material is an ultra-suede, in great condition. I mentioned to Jeff that it could be re-attached pretty easy, if someone knew what they were doing. When you get to the shower area, it needs to be replaced.

The rear couch faces a "dresser" with 3 drawers and is flanked by 2 large closets.

I hope to keep it together a little better on my next "Barth Sighting". The blueprints were right there. If I would have been thinking, I should have taken a picture of them and would have had a floor plan lay out. D'oh

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
The ceiling problem is exactly what I found in mine. The ceiling fabric is beautiful material but it is foam-backed & the foam deteriorates.

After several failed attempts at other solutions, I removed the dividing strips, pulled the edge of the fabric to stretch it, re-stapled the fabric to the plywood backing, & pulled out nearly all of the sag. It left some puckers around the edges, & certainly wasn't as perfect as replacing the whole ceiling as at least one owner did several years ago. It was repair, not restoration.

The loose vinyl in the corner of the bathroom required a good application of spray glue to reattach it.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I found the following post by Ron posted 6 years ago under the heading "So sad....". Looks like it has been going to be donated for a while now.

Nick

Posted 07-30-2003 07:33 PM
There she sits, a 1990 Barth, previously owned by David Allen Coe, on the back row of the back lot in the used section. She holds her head high, but she is slowly falling apart. Headliner sags, wall paper is peeling, ammonia smell around the fridge. You can tell that she was once a fine and elegant lady but time and neglect have taken their toll. Almost brings a tear to the eye.

I talked to the dealer and he indicated that she was to be donated to a non-profit as a tax write-off next year. Seems that she is worth $15K to the bottom line that way. Such beautiful cabinets and panels. Sad, sad, sad.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post