89 in RI
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
http://rhode-island.freervshop...arth-motor-home.html

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
I think this may be a gas pusher that has been discussed in the past... not positive though.

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, New to this site and enjoying it!

I was looking at this rig and am considering a purchase. Looks good for it's age, and will drive this weekend.

Can someone share what you mean by "been discussed in the past... not positive though"

I am in the process of due diligence and found you guys during my research.

Please respond!!!! or email: kevin@sylvan1.com

Posts: 3 | Location: Narraganset RI | Member Since: 04-14-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Is this Jack's coach? Not trying to turn anybody off, but the gas pushers seem to have their share of issues. Plenty of reading if you search gas pusher on this site. Welcome KP and good luck.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Welcome KP.. I don't know if this is the same coach.. but this is the discussion I was referring to:
gas pusher The $4000 repairs and wood floors, location sounds familiar. I think it was a younger couple who owned it

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
what is the vin#? Is it...

10T9N9A40J1035272

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KPSMITH:
will drive this weekend.

A good test drive would be to a weigh station and up some hills, preferably on a hot afternoon.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I think Jim & I drove this one in SC several years ago. John Deere Chassis. Red retro accents interior, mid bath w/hallway to rear bedroom. Gas pusher. Sound familiar?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. This one does not have the red interior. I have seen the pics of the one you drove. They are identical in layout but trim color is different and overall condition is better. I have not jumped in with an offer yet. Still excited about the opportunity though.

Did the one you drove in SC seem underpowered? The size is similar to the coach you own now, right? The last Barth I drove was an old commercial delivery wagon in Arizona, 1996. I have nothing to compare this one to.

Kevin

Posts: 3 | Location: Narraganset RI | Member Since: 04-14-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
The thing I didn't like about the one we drove in SC was it seemed top heavy. The one you are looking at has a single step & the one we looked at had a double step because of the floor height. I think the John deere or oshkosh is higher. Ours is 28 or 29'. Some have a shorter wheel base ours is stretched to 192" which makes a very smooth ride.

i don't remember it being under powered. Didn't drive on any hills as I remember. Jim may chime in sometime on that note. Did you determine if it was a pusher or not?
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yes, it is a pusher. A 460 Ford, Allison transmission, on a John Deere chassis.

I have yet to actually drive it. The weather was atrocious the day we went to look at it. Great for checking water tightness, though.

He has not had many viewings. I think some people are unawre of Barth and others are put off by the idea of a gas pusher.

I like unique.

Kevin

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
What is the VIN#?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post