Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    Barth trolley with a reserve under $49,500.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth trolley with a reserve under $49,500.
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
"on our website for $49,500 and have dropped the price down."

Nice interior shots. Apparently even Barth trolleys had high quality woodwork. The ad also has a nice picture of the smiling salesman.

Ad on E bay

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
The ad speaks to any limousine company wanting to "expand into the lucrative trolley market..." (emphasis added)

Honestly I didn't know there WAS such a thing!

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I've contacted the seller about the data tag and was given the following

Tag# 9604 Y0035 26TR-08
Vin# 3FCMF53G8TJA09546 BARTH RSV

After decoding the vin# it shows it as a F-Superduty Chassis w/ 460 MPFI Engine.

I've asked for a picture of the data tag for our files.

Based on what he has told me it doesn't seem to fit... Hey Nick, what's your thoughts?

This would seem to indicate that the "Y-Line" was numbered like the M-Line and The S-Line...

S-Line: Specialized/Commercial
M-Line: Motorhome
Y-Line: ???
quote:
From the Ebay ad
1996 restored Barth trolley limo limousine coach bus
Vehicle Description

1996 Fully restored trolley great for limo limousine bus coach service

Barth Trolley

Here's a brand new total restoration on a 1996 28-passenger gas BARTH Trolley. This trolley has had everything done to it. It has a new engine, new motor, and redone A/C system with two huge A/C units. This trolley was gutted and had a full interior restoration. Each bench was disassembled and the wood redone. This trolley shows like a 2008 model inside. It has been highly detailed. The trolley also had the exterior redone with brand new paint. It passed a tough MN DOT inspection, and has only put on 400 miles since the inspection. This trolley is ready to work, and any Limousine Service that is wanting to expand into the lucrative trolley market, this is a great one to start with. The trolley has highway gears and cruise down the highway at 70mph. It is also very quite, compared to the diesel trolleys of that age bracket. We have lots of detailed photos that we can email you. They even added upper limo rope lighting in the gable box, that looks excellent at night. The trolley has two A/C units front and back. It also has the ability to have the side of the trolley come off, and it also comes with summer open windows.

This trolley was built for doing tours of our own city of Winona, Minnesota. Sadly the person that was in charge of this business passed away last year. The trolley has been in inside storage for the last year, that’s why there is only 400 miles since the inspection. This trolley has a clean Minnesota title. All money and title work will be done by the families attorney.

We have this unit on our website for $49,500 and have dropped the price down.

Condition: Again, the restoration is excellent on this trolley. Of course, you are still dealing with a 1996 unit. Some of the buttons on the dash show some wear, or may not be hooked up. The trolley has been sitting and the Freon has leaked out. It will need an A/C charge and it also needs to have the donut replace on the exhaust manifold; it has a little exhaust noise in this area. They were in the progress of having a stereo installed. The hard work has been done, all the wires were ran, but they never got around to ad a stereo or speakers.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I had also contacted the owner to get the tag. My don't great minds think alike. D'oh

I have wanted one of the trolley tags from the start to see if they fit or not. Really still can't be sure. It's my understanding that Barth RSV built between 50 and 75 of these units.

As far as a Y line being completely separate or a part of the S line would be my question. If I look at the 2 other S units built, we have S0002 built in May, 1995 and S0047 built in October, 1996. The trolley is Y0035 built in April, 1996.
Using that scenario 0035 is properly spaced between 0002 and 0047.

Does this make sense to anybody else or am I just trying to MAKE it fit.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Sometimes you wonder... "What ever became of..."

Last night we had an old post resurrected about a FL Beach Bum who was trying to get more money for his apparently "Stolen Barth" with a plethora of new $tuff and high end everything etc... It was even a "Magical Barth" as it grew from 24' the day he registered on our site to a whopping 27' on the day it was stolen. Roll Eyes

I've got one that's older but has a history behind it. I was also able to track down the final outcome. You know, the kind of outcome you wish the media would cover more.
quote:
The Trester Trolley began its life transporting shoppers throughout a large outlet mall north of the Twin Cities. In 2006, it was purchased by Don Trester and moved to Winona, where Don envisioned it as a great way to promote tourism and interest in the Winona area.

When purchased, the trolley was in need of a considerable amount of repair. Through the efforts of a large number of friends and businesses, who shared Don's vision, it was completely refurbished.

In July of 2007, with approximately 98% of the work completed, Don suffered a major stroke and passed away. After a period of nearly 2 years, the trolley was purchased from his estate, finished, and named the "Trester Trolley" in his honor.

Today the Trester Trolley is owned and operated by Clarence Russell, who was a close friend of Don's, and who shares his vision of promoting Winona - the city he has called home for most of his life.

A special thanks goes to the many Winona area businesses and individuals who have assisted in making the Trester Trolley possible, and who continue to provide their important support today.

Please support our numerous friends and partners, who you'll find on the Winona Links section of our website.
Here are a few links about this coach from our site.

Tag# 9604 Y0035 26TR-08
Vin# 3FCMF53G8TJA09546 BARTH RSV

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...171014223#8171014223

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...?r=79310038#79310038

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...501014513#6501014513

more images can be found here. http://barthmobile.com/trolley.html

I'm relatively sure he's operating at a loss or (I would be surprised) a very thin profit line. He's doing this because his friend had a dream, not because there is a "Lucrative Trolley Market"

Clarence & Don sounds like the type of men I wish more of us could strive to be. Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post