Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    This is strange.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

This is strange.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Carl, we're both over 65 - we don't need no stinkin' "turn signals"!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Diane & Wayne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nothing adds up! I am however interested in what the tag# of this coach is.

Hi Bill et al Smiler

The tag # is: 8609-3361-34TS 32
So from what I've learned on this forum thus far, it was made in Sept of '86, is a 34 footer, but I'm clueless as to what model it is?

The VIN# is: 1GBKP37W2G3319381

Wayne and I had a number of phone conversations with the owner (Tammy) yesterday and we both feel there was no intent to deceive, and that this is a case of an unknowledgeable owner who believed everything the prior owner told her. She also is not computer savy, nor does she own a digital camera. The ad was placed for her by a relative and the use of Shelley & Bud's photo was merely to illustrate what a Barth is because they are rare, that is why it clearly states that it "is similar but not identical to the photo" ergo no fraud here IMO.

LOL Regarding the measurements I suspect she used her feet and not a tape measure! Roll Eyes

As for the gas mileage: I learned she's barely driven it and my impression is that she's parroting what the prior owner told her. He also told her he had just put new tires on it when she bought it 3+ years ago. Well, with a DOT number of 088PG12APL thanks to this forum I know that he lied to her on that! BTW tire size is R 19.5

Up until recently she lived in it at a campground since she's owned it, as did the prior owner who at some point years ago had gutted it and put in a bar, leather sofa, grey cabinetry and laminate wood flooring. It has a huge bath in the rear and double side entry doors, one towards the rear, the other behind the passenger seat.

She was forthright that it needs a lot of work and is willing to cut her asking price in half and even then she is still flexible. She also disclosed that the skylight is leaking, there is no generator, and it's missing a holding tank (it was hooked up to direct lines at the campground). She does not have any of the original binders/paperwork. Frowner
It is currently located at Sanford Auto Auction at 2800 No US 17 in Orlando.
We sent Wayne's brother in law and nephew to check it out for us yesterday. They are not RVers, but they are home builders with some truck knowledge. They both felt that stuctually this Barth was sound and considering it's size and the reduced flexible price, that it was worth investing in as a project vehicle. Mechanically they could not venture any opinions as there is no battery, thus they couldn't even turn the engine over, but no doubt there will be a lot of engine work here and Lord only knows what else as the last inspection was in 1998 in No. Carolina according to the sticker. They took photos inside & out, unfortunately the interior shots came out dark, but are still distinguishable. Bill would it be okay for me to forward you the photos to put up here? We're passing on this one, but perhaps someone else is interested.

Diane

Posts: 24 | Location: Staten Island & the Catskills, NY | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
yes please, send all the photos to bill_ny@barthmobile.com and I will get them all up. Thank you for the report.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Diane & Wayne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you for the report.

No problem, I consider it good "Barth Karma" to help others find Barths, in this way hopefully that will bring us to the one that is meant for us! Smiler

In this case I felt compelled to follow up on it despite your warning Bill, as I've been a realtor since the early'80's and while I've seen my share of fraud and misrepresentation in seller's ads, I'm cognizant that there are a lot of folks out there that are just not astute and innocently get facts & details wrong.....real wrong in some cases......
LOL When I saw the size discrepancy in this ad I was immediately reminded of a home seller who insisted her dining room was 25'x 25'....which was quite a feat in a 20' wide Brownstone! And even with that fact pointed out to her she couldn't understand it because she had paced it out with her feet, failing all the while to grasp that her shoe size was like a 6 to 7. BOY was she embarassed when I finally got through to her the error of her ways.

Anyway, I've forwarded you the photos and would like to know what is that style called where the roof raises up at a right angle from the cab? No offense to those that have that style, but it's not the look we prefer and thus is the reason we are passing on this one.

BTW Wayne informs that I misread his writing and the correct address where this Barth can be seen is at this link: http://yellowpages.mapquest.co...ck.freelisting&flv=1
The Barth is not listed for sale by them, she just has some sort of arrangement to keep it there since she left the campground. I should also add that this seller is what realtors call a "motivated seller". Translation: she needs cash, has to sell and is reasonable that it needs work. That's an ideal situation for a good deal for some lucky buyer IMO.
Diane

Posts: 24 | Location: Staten Island & the Catskills, NY | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Diane:
Anyway, I've forwarded you the photos...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post